Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Yildiray Cinar looks awesome! He might be like another Olivier Copiel or Frances Manupal!

Of course, once I stop having an easy way to copy and paste his name from other posts you better believe I'll never spell that right...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just think of it as futuristic Legion name. [Wink]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
If one of the biggest problems around Marzal was the idea that it was an island populated solely by a race descended from African American slaves who wanted nothing to do with the rest of a predominately white Earth, and that they might be the ONLY black people left on Earth, I doubt anyone would think it'd be a good idea to transfer it to another planet. It'd be enough to cause continuous orgasms throughout most of the skinhead community.

I'm so shrill, aren't I?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe they make the mistake of settling on the remains of New Krypton? Note to all comic book characters -- NEVER sign a long-term lease on a planet named "Krypton."

I too am excited by Cinar's art. On the one hand, he seems to be trying hard to honor the character designs Gary Frank used for the mature Legionnaires. On the other hand, his character studies have fullness to them, a humane quality, that I really like. Cos is particularly interesting. One of the best things about the 3Boot, and the JohnsBoot too, to a lesser extent, is Cosmic Boy's transformation from a generic-looking superhero kid to a distinctive human being. Yildiray seems to be continuing that, which is nice. His close-up of Cos reminds me a lot of Christian Bale in "Batman Begins" -- the prison/ninja apprentice Bruce Wayne. Also, his group shot suggests a decent skill for 31C cityscapes, which is a prerequisite for Legion artist in my book. I would LOVE to see an artist's take on what a 31C Istanbul or Shanghai or Baghdad or Dubai looks like!

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Who is that, front and center of the group shot?

A Turkish artist. This could lead to some interesting cultural aspects to the art, we've not previously seen.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

Brainiac 5. I didn't recognize him, either, until I saw the force field belt.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Not in favor of the sleeveless look on Ultra Boy. Or any of the other guys for that matter.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with most every one here...estatic! That was a great interview. I really liked his answers and where he is heading with things...and his approach.

Can it get better? Yes...an unknown artist who ROCKS! Beautiful stuff man. I agree he makes these new costumes look better. (not that i disliked them before)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

A Turkish artist. This could lead to some interesting cultural aspects to the art, we've not previously seen.

Agreed. Since it is the Legion and has a different setting than the rest of the DCU he can add something exotic and new to the landscape/design of the 31st century.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Set gave a nice run-down of who's missing from that group shot, but forgot Invisible Kid. Unless we're assuming he's there but invisible.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC Shady performed the ritual after Lar was devastated by the Trapper during the conspiracy storyline. Like I said IIRC...it's been a while since I read that run.

He was on life support and failing, so she did it to show her commitment to him.

He "died" during the Magic Wars due to technology failing.

If he never faced the Trapper, or certain things have changed...she would probably never have performed the ritual.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Set gave a nice run-down of who's missing from that group shot, but forgot Invisible Kid. Unless we're assuming he's there but invisible.

I was like, 'Invisible Kid, isn't he dead?' then I remembered Jacques. Ah, poor Jacques. I remembered to look for Chemical King (who I *know* is dead), but didn't remember Jacques.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Levitz isn't forced to integrate his Legion stories with the rest of the DCU, it might be good or even great. But otherwise, all bets are off as far as I'm concerned. I'm just so sick of the DCU under DiDio, and I'm wary of buying anything because every little bit makes it less likely DiDio will be fired.

I'll Byrne-steal Levitz's new Legion at first and see what I think.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
where are Matter Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy, and Duplicat Damsel?
I see Blok - thought he permanently stays with Black White??

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
Unless I've missed something, no one has mentioned Bouncing Boy and Duplicate Damsel as a marriage that could potentially break up.

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.