Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm I actually like Jeckie's outfit...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, look, if anyone has any complaints about Jeckie's redesign, why don't you just TELL Manapul? He's got a DA page with a link to his email address.

manapul.deviantart.com

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I doubt Francis designed it. He's just drawing the cover.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
"I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering..."

As an illusionist, Jeckie should know the value of keeping things hidden until necessity presents itself.

[Styx] [Stiletta]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, one more thing. That comment about how this isn't how a woman in mourning dresses.

Two words: Cat. Grant.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I am one of those few on here that actually like Jeckie's new look. The old one was just too dated and serious (which fit the character at that particular time), but it's time to move on... so why not a sexier look to her costume? Heck she's a master illusionist so she can mask this new costume to look like something different any time she wants.
The other Legionnaires on Francis' beautiful cover look fantastic!
When did Element Lad make it back to the 21st century anyway? Did I miss and issue somewhere?

I can't wait for all this new Legion hype to start up again early next year!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe she's got a brand new man? LOVE the Sgt. Pepper's reference. Mind wandering, indeed.

On a somewhat related matter, was Jeckie ever part of the Espionage Squad? On the one hand, it seems like a no brainer. But I don't recall her doing that. Jeckie always seemed too royal to actually get her hands dirty. Nice to see her moving out of her comfort zone. And what better way to get away from feelings of loss?

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
The jeckie's costume it's not badly completely, but the mask and the blond hair exceed.
Bring back the platitum blonde hair and her pretty face.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Color Kid
I'm not Green!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Color Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bottle City of Kanga:
Oh good grief, the new Sensor Girl costume is HIDEOUS!!!

Boobs out and a mask? Not a good look...

I don't think it's miscoloured, it's a redesign. The boots, gloves etc are different.

[Frown] [Frown]

I would rather have Queen Projectra...and what happened to Matter-Eater-Lad? Isn't he in the 21st century with that team? [Confused]
From: Largo, Florida..originally from Champaign, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
It's funny, when I first saw Thom kallor in JSA I got really excited. And then we had the Lightning Saga and Legion of Three Worlds. All of them notched up the excitement a little more. I have been waiting for THIS Legion for a very long time. But this cover, along with the news of Levitz returning to the team, thrills me to no end. I haven't been this excited about the Legion in a very very long time.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
But doesn't anyone else think the random boob reveal is just a bit too adolescent?

If they're going for that then why not have Star "Man" (is it? or Boy now?) with his bum cheeks cut out?

It's ridiculous. "I'm so mysterious with my big mask...now check out these hooters"

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I think in Legion fandom starman's buttcheeks count as more fanservice than Jeckie's breasts. DC do not know their market. [Razz]

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
Did we ever get to the bottom of who is responsible for this horrific redesign?

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

It wasn't Manapul, believe me. He said on deviantart he wasn't responsible for the redesigns. He was just working with what they gave him.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.