Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Official Legion AR Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Official Legion AR Thread
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Y'know how we all joke about Rob Liefeld drawing the Legion?

Well... he has. [Embarrassed]

-

Uncanny X-Men #245: Various Legionnaires and Legion villains appear in the background of a large gallery scene aboard an alien vessel. All in the WONderful "art" stylings of Capt. "Levi's" Liefeld. [Roll Eyes]

Now you KNOW you have to own a Liefeld issue! [LOL] [Razz]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Your Legion collection won't be complete withOUT it!!! [Eek!]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bought it off the stands years ago. IIRC, it was one of 2 back-to-back funny issues of X-MEN following some grisly storyline that had just concluded. Who knew Claremont could do "funny"?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It's actually a pretty funny issue too, although Wolverine is a bit over the top in talking down to Superman.

The all-girls issue is either after or before it (and the first appearance of Jubilee), and is OK, but shows some sexy Storm/Rogue/Psylocke/Dazzler scenes!

A must have! [Wink]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It was a parody of DC's then-current Invasion crossover, if memory serves.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For those of us who are terminally curious, anyone able to share a scan of the page in question?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Here's the full panel. I'll follow up later with some details.

-

Pov

Aaaaand...

-

From the upper lefthand corner... recognizable Legion characters are Tellus in the back and (possibly) Double-Header in the front right.

-

From the upper right corner, a smorgasbord of Legion villains: Omen, Sunlord, Tyr, Infinite Man, Lucifer 7 and Pulsar Stargrave; possibly Ornitho of the Wanderers at the far right.

-

Comet Queen!

-

And finally, two Khunds... Kharlak, I think, and the purple dude.

I hesitate to look any harder for more references... my eyes and brain ache from the horror that is Liefeld. Plenty of Star Wars refs, though...

Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
There's also the several characters he drew in the Legion Who's Who, don't forget. [Smile]

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Dang it, Paul, I *tried*... [Frown] [Wink]

Yeah, Reflecto, Rainbow Girl... others, I'm sure. I'll admit he's apparently a fan, and I hate to knock a fellow fan... but grife...! [Big Grin]

Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't we all!

Though, I must admit, it's the first time I've ever seen his art that doesn't have bits of the costume disappearing. [Wink]

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Andy S. & Blacula already mentioned it over at Dr.G's, but I thought it deserved a mention here. Pre-crisis Supergirl AND Streaky are both in this issue! It's a faboo little story too.

[ August 31, 2006, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
Heads up! Solo #7, which comes out tomorrow (26th), apparently has some cameos of the Adventure-era Legionnaires in it. See this article at Pulse; the preview pages show Supergirl doing the twist with a phantom-zoned Mon-El, and a (miscolored) Proty on the same page. And the alternate cover take shows Ferro Lad.

When someone gets this tomorrow, could you give more details? It was already on my pull list, but I won't be able to get it until later in the week.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Another page shows the cover to Adventure #340 as well. Definitely a Legion A/R book.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's some Legion-related panels I hadn't seen online yet -

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.