Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Alex Ross WB print (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Alex Ross WB print
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
FWIW, Ross himself considers this one of his favorite pieces.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

really !!! that's good to hear !!!

where did you read this ???

i'm looking forward to the ALEX ROSS book that is coming out soon !!!

Matthew.

[ September 09, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

really !!! that's good to hear !!!

where did you read this ???

Ah, I'm zoning on details now.

It was either in a recent interview or he said it during the San Diego con.

If I can fish out the quote, I'll post it here.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[bump]

This was the third topic on the former Trophy Room forum.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Rokky ever got his litho print??? [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
And the original painting hangs in Ross's house!

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally own this! Sorry, don't mean to rub this in anyone nose, but I'm exciting to finally get a hold of a copy.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Mad]

Nah, I'm thrilled for you... [LOL] [Hug] How long was the trip from SD to Anaheim?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
the trip from SD to anaheim is not that long...only less than 2 hours if not being stuck in traffic congestion. roughly around 1 and 1/2 hours.

hey Night - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! so thrilled that you got the poster. I someday will get one once I move out of condo and buy a new house. *finger crossing*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The trip to Anaheim was quick. The trip back was filled with traffic making it almost twice as long. But, it was better with the Litho in hand.

Worth every penny!

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations !

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamwe
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adamwe   Email adamwe         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the mat on yours white as it appears to be on the ebay photo? Mine #186 signed and # in front has a black frame and mat. Just curious [Smile] size of mine 28 inches by 53 inches framed.

[ September 04, 2010, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: adamwe ]

From: Hillsborough, NJ | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

The black frame is 27.5 x 53.5 inches. Mat is whitish black.

The actual print is 18 x 43 inches with 457/500 and Alex Ross' signature at the bottom.

Copyright DC Comics 1999.

[ September 27, 2010, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

adamwe
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adamwe   Email adamwe         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting, mine has a black mat, didnt know it was offered with a white one lol [Smile] I bought mine from a WB store in NJ when they were openned.
From: Hillsborough, NJ | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice acquisition, Nighty! Your link to the picture says it's Stan Lee Superboy & LSH. What does that mean?

Regardless, congrats!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.