Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » THE OMEGA MEN (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: THE OMEGA MEN
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm reading this mostly because I've been an Omega Men fan from the beginning. However, somehow I missed the various deaths that occured during the Invasion debacle. To me, it's really not an Omega Men book without Primus and Kalista.

I do agree that the Omega Men are a team that needs a strong enemy. They're freedom fighters. Once they have freedom, they go home, right?

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone still reading this? I only flipped through it in the store, but why is Darkfire being called "WILDFIRE" again??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: the latest issue of the 'Omega Men' (#4) -

Let me get this straight - Andy Diggle practically single-handedly reinvents interest in the Omega Men with his deft and interesting take on them in the excellent 'Adam Strange' series. To this end he invents 4 or 5 new members who have astoundingly cool and unique visuals (thanks to all the hard work of the amazingly talented Pascal Ferry) and are ripe for characterisation.

Then along comes Anderson Gabrych who not only kills off (OFF-PANEL!) every single one of these cool new characters but a whole host of popular long-standing members of the team too - like Kalista, Harpis, Artin, Auron, etc. for seemingly no purpose.

He then brings back every one of these deceased members as an evil zombie, holding out the carrot of hope to fans of these characters that they can somehow be saved from their ignoble off-panel deaths, only to have every single one of them be blasted to bloody pieces by some new character of his own creation that he is trying to force onto the team.

Memo to comic book writers - you don't get people to like your characters by having them viciously kill off all the characters we already cared about.

WOW! Judd Winnick may have a rival at the top of my Most Hated DC Writers List - and that's saying something.

What are other Omega Men fans' opinions of this series?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Just looking through it, I've been too scared to actually read it. I know I'm not going to like any of it.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read issue 5. Way too much gore for my taste.
The plot is a religioscientific eschatological sci-fi amalgam that's rather confusing.
Vril Dox's characterisation is ok, and Tigorr's seemed consistent. Click Here For A SpoilerWhen he found Felicity alive, though, he'd do anything not to lose her again, but the Felicity who emerges from all that gory, bloody flesh is a twisted, dark version of her former self. Tigorr takes that completely in stride and all he thinks about is smoking a cigar!

The series is not bad all in all and the art is really good, except for all this blood and gore, but it doesn't really feel like the Omega Men.

[ March 17, 2007, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.