Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Before the Legion of Super-Heroes, there was the L.E.G.I.O.N. (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Before the Legion of Super-Heroes, there was the L.E.G.I.O.N.
EuroMutt
flight, super strength & super territory marking

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EuroMutt   Email EuroMutt         Edit/Delete Post     
We kind of got a bit of a peak at what was happening with L.E.G.I.O.N. post-Lyrl in Legion (volume 4) #84-100 or so, but haven't heard anything of them since that point (which is over 6 years old).

Reintroduction will be great, because I'm really enjoying the new Adam Strage series (as much as I thought I wouldn't before I started it).

Out of curiousity what happened to Phase, now that Apparition's Legion was taken out of continuity? I know its too soon for officlal account, but any speculations? Further, if the first Legion universe was wiped out, where did the Durlan get sent to? Migrane coming on from all the paradoxes.

--------------------
-j.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
SPOILER SPACE for Years-Old storyline*****

Dox and Stealth playing house with the baby? BAH!

It's okay, Lash! They had a troubled marriage!

I was actually very happy to see them get together, and to find out that their concept of "marital bliss" was something on the order of "Sex + incessant emotional warfare + Stealth's constant paranoia that the baby will try to kill her again." It seemed fitting.

"Perhaps you should have considered if you wanted a child before you raped and murdered me!"

"Dox, it is so like you to throw that in my face!" Hee.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
i always liked that line that she said before she raped and killed Dox,"Aren't hormones a BITCH!!!!!!"

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Giffens got a new book after Crisis.

They'res some rumblings he's wanted to Reboot L.E.G.I.O.N. for some time....

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, God, we can only hope!

I've got every issue of LEGION and REBELS (except for the Underworld tie-in annual), so I'd obviously buy the book.

And wouldn't it be great if McKone or Kitson did the art?! [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
DC needs to put out a L.E.G.I.O.N. archive!! I heard they are going players possibly in a Dave Gibbons cosmic series? GL Corps possibly?

I bought a dozen or so issues for a nickel each. I will have to find special deals like that from now on.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoy all the L.E.G.I.O.N. series, R.E.B.E.L.S. too, but was a little weak.
The characters are wonderful in special Phase, Lyrissa,Garryn Beck, Lady Quartz Strata and Stealth.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi. I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. I got here through a link on the DC Legion board; my name over there is ignea; the kind person who posted the link is named glc. 1 over there.

I got into the Legion books because of L.E.G.I.O.N. Back in the early 90s, the original Legion book was in the 5 Years Later era, which held no interest for me, but I loved L.E.G.I.O.N. and that led me to look for back issues of the original book (my favorite issue of the original book is Vol.3 #45, the 30th Anniversary issue.)

I have the first 51 issues of L.E.G.I.O.N. My favorite characters were Stealth, Phase, Lyrissa Mallor, Strata, Garv, Lady Quark, Vril Dox, and Lydea Mallor. My favorite storyarcs are the battle with the Khunds (issues #24-26) and the revenge of Ig'nea (issues #48-50.)

[ July 24, 2005, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
hey there, welcome to Legionworld Stealth!!

i just have to say that hearing that Kitson would be on the new LSH title really help peak my interest in it after the fantastic work he done in LEGION 'whateveryear.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[Echo-Chamber Chet] [Stealth] [Echo-Chamber Chet]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking more of L.E.G.I.O.N. The Rann-Thanagar war mentions them quite a few times. Also nice to see Captain Comet (a member) get some panel time.

I hear LEGION dots is gonna make an appearance in GL: Rechage as well. cool.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I never read L.E.G.I.O.N. while it was being published, but I recently picked up the entire run, including R.E.B.E.L.S., for $50 on E-Bay. It's pretty good. There's some of it that's a bit dated (the general storytelling style is very late '80s), but they managed to pull some nicely unexpected twists and inject a solid dose of humor without detracting from the story. I picked up the series partly from an AR perspective, but also because I was curious to see Barry's art from an earlier book. I'm actually glad I hadn't before the new series; Barry's art has matured and improved enormously in the last 10 or so years.

The one thing I was consistently impressed with on L.E.G.I.O.N. was the way they wrote character. Lyrl in particular was quite realistic. Despite being a super-genius, he was still a baby and behaved as one. I do hope that we get to see more of the group in the next couple of years, especially with the return of the GL Corps.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the storytelling style being dated; the one thing about L.E.G.I.O.N. that I think has dated badly are the terrible hairstyles worn by some of the characters.

And I think the coloring on L.E.G.I.O.N. was almost always outstanding, better than the coloring in comics today. Does anyone else think that advanced technology has actually made comic book coloring worse?

Since reading this thread, I've come up with an idea: Inspired by Cobalt Kid's marathon reading of the entire pre-boot Legion, I'm planning to re-read all the L.E.G.I.O.N. issues in my collection, and if it would be okay with the administrators, I'd like to start a thread where I can post brief thoughts on each issue as I read it. Please let me know if I could have your permission. Thank you.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
No need for permission Stealth. Post away. I might suggest giving some consideration to which of the forums (fora?) would be most appropriate for your thread. Perhaps Nightcrawler or Lightning Lad (our wonderful hosts.) or some other posters will chime in with their suggestions.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
Speaking more of L.E.G.I.O.N. The Rann-Thanagar war mentions them quite a few times. Also nice to see Captain Comet (a member) get some panel time.

I hear LEGION dots is gonna make an appearance in GL: Rechage as well. cool.

There's apparently been a massive and not-particularly-worthwhile retcon, though. L.E.G.I.O.N. now has armadas of starships and robot armies, and Vril's changed his look and attitude and is back in control. No sign of the Core Team other than an inexplicably aged Comet.

Personally, I could have done without L.E.G.I.O.N. appearances for the next few years, rather than have this version. But maybe someone will manage to make it interesting...

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.