Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
#346 - New Legionnaires, a new villain, a whole new frontier of storytelling possibilities. Funny how Jeckie's the only one still around.

and funny thing Princess Projectra was the only one who have not been in the Legion cartoon show, while Karate Kid, Nemesis Kid, and Ferro Lad were legionniares. would be interesting if PP was revealed to be one of the traitor, eh? [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The cartoon did leave it in the air that Nemesis Kid could still turn out a traitor (in the same ep he appears, Grimbor oh-so-conveniently uses a ray weapon that does the exact same thing that Nemesis Kid does, strip away super-powers!).

I liked the uncertainty, and yet, I'm also a sucker for new versions of heroes and villains that aren't necessarily on the same side I'd expect (like Threeboot Projectra, who may be a Legionnaire, but may not have been cut out to be a hero...).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Adult Legion, definitely! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
#346. Maybe I'm not being partial since I got Shooter to sign my copy a few years back. It's just darn cool!

But this was a close call either way Lash!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The cartoon did leave it in the air that Nemesis Kid could still turn out a traitor (in the same ep he appears, Grimbor oh-so-conveniently uses a ray weapon that does the exact same thing that Nemesis Kid does, strip away super-powers!).

I liked the uncertainty, and yet, I'm also a sucker for new versions of heroes and villains that aren't necessarily on the same side I'd expect (like Threeboot Projectra, who may be a Legionnaire, but may not have been cut out to be a hero...).

I like the idea of NK being a hero, but still managing to be a pain in the ass. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
I'll go with 263, just because Jan can create his own darn air so there really isn't a crisis there.

That was one of my reasons too!
Well, no, not really. Jan transmutes elements, he doesn't create them. In the vast emptiness of space what is he going to change into enough air that he can breath . . . his teammates space ship?
He breathes out CO2 doesn't he? Just keep on recycling it. He's his own ecosystem.
That's really a good explanation!
Love it.
I was going to suggest 'dark matter'.
[Smile]

And I would have voted for the Colon cover since Steve's cover looks kind of genericish.
sigh

And now, I vote for the Adult Legion cover.
That issue had so many reprecussions for the Legion's future and so many stories came from that cover and issue!

Plus, I really like the Manapul tryout cover angles much better.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL TALLY:

ADV 346/try-out: 10 votes

ADV 354/adults: 13 votes

There's no doubt both of these covers are winners, though...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And now, a faceoff by a MASTER of cover design (though not necessarily associated with LSH).

CARDY on CARDY FACE-OFF:

LSH 1 (reprint series):

-

VS.

SUPERBOY 197:

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Another toughie. Cardy really was the master of cover art (though these aren't two of his best, good as they are).

There's a lot to love about the top one - Jo's legs sticking out of the ground is hilarious, as are Rokk and Tinya running away in fright, and the slanty angle and the way Mon is being swung at the view are both cool design elements.

The bottom one is a more standard point of view but I like the way even though everyone is just piling on Timber Wolf, he looks like he's in complete control. The big moon framing him is a nice touch too.

I'll go with #297.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
superboy gone mad. he he

he was always mad, the whole boy scout thing ..... issues!!

he was wound so tight he was bound to snap.

maybe they are running to get karate kid so he can give superboy a beat down.

[ May 01, 2010, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going for LSH #1. I get a better sense of movement in this cover than Superboy 197

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
197 was my first LSH comic and I've been a big LSH fan since. Gotta go with 197. TW always makes my top 10 fav Legionaires too.
From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
197 for me.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH 1. Just like it better.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

What amazes me about 197 is Cardy only had, like about 55% of the space to work with and he fit in 8 Legionnaires AND it isn't crowded. Lu's miscolored costume always annoyed me though (NOT Cardy's fault I'd imagine).

But 1 is so incredible... LOVE the image of Supes swinging Mon and Jo smashed into the pavement. LOVE the lopsided angle!

LSH 1.

--------------------

This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.