Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click on the poster above in Michael's post. I've just changed my image to a much larger version. You can see Brainy's long neck a lot better. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn! There went a heap of my hope and good will for this cartoon.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh Heh... Brainy's neck isn't that long. Its just the hallucenogenic effect from whatever substance he smoked to make his eyes all bloodshot and droopy. [tease]

Tinya looks like she's had too much coffee. Perhaps she works at Sundoller coffee on Bgztl. Beware the goth girl barista, that tamping tool they use to pack the espresso is deadly in their hands.

Saturn Girl just got back from Windsor Castle where Prince Charles taught her how to do that neutral half smile and royal wave.

Seriously I kinda like them but its hard to tell without seeing how the the characters will move and the voice tracks. I'm sure the kids will love it and it'll be somewhat amusing for us oldies.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
That's all I'm hoping for... I'm not expecting it to be the all-definitive version of the Legion...more like 'Titans Go;' take a bunch of elements and twist them into something kids today can relate to and enjoy. "Kids" meaning 'actual kids,' not adults like me who have never grown up.

If the original Legion (when it had first come out) had been written for 20 & 30-somethings rather than with kids in mind, who knows how many of us might not be here? Everytime I start wishing the Legion cartoon would look like it's going to be something more towards my preferences, I try to tell myself that it's a selfish thought to want to deprive a new generation of the chance to enjoy something the way I did way back when.

Of course, it's possible I've put waaaay too much thought into that.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Scott, where did you get that updated, sharper picture from, your contact at WB? (Mine hasn't answered back with the questions I asked from the press release.)
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
Scott, where did you get that updated, sharper picture from, your contact at WB? (Mine hasn't answered back with the questions I asked from the press release.)

I actually updated it from work today but I had a PC crash before I could credit the image. I found it at Ray's Galleries. He has a younger Superman focused image of the standup (apparantly the background was made to not stand out as much) and the promotional poster. It looks like he may actually have gotten ahold of an actual poster from the quality.

Still nothing from my contact at the WB.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Huh.

Thoughts:

Superboy looks fantastic. (Any doubts on who the star of this show is?)

Lightning Lad looks very nice as well. I think they really capture his personality, artistically.

Oddly, I'm kind of loving Chuck! Both powered and non-powered (but especially powered up.)

I'm not wild about Tinya, but I'm accepting that she looks the way she does because her mom's the president of the UP.

I need to see Imra animated before I can make a call. This could go either way.

Timber Wolf is just bad.

I don't want to even think about Brainy's neck.

A very mixed bag, but I'm sure I'll love it after that first Fatal 5 fight.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Like we've said before: if the stories are good, the show will be good; if not, not.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, this picture posted here a few months ago suddenly makes a lot more sense...
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
You know, this picture posted here a few months ago suddenly makes a lot more sense...

Looking at that thread, I just read Andy Milder is voicing LL? I went to high school with him...how bizarre...
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I ditto KP on this one. The neck thing is scary.

I just noticed the L is backwards on Timber Wolf's belt on the poster. Is he from Bizarro Legion but turned good? [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I just noticed the L is backwards on Timber Wolf's belt on the poster. Is he from Bizarro Legion but turned good? [Smile]

I think it is just the original way he was drawn. I cut him out and flipped him so the 'L' was right and he winds up with his knee in Phantom Girl's face and right hand (the one going down) looks like it is shoving Garth aside, slapping him up against his head.

And if you look close enough, Brainy's 'L' is also reversed. This was probably done because Brainy would have been covering Supe's mid section, including part of his 'S' symbol.

They thought enough about the layout but not enough to cut out the belt buckles and just mirror them.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
They may have decded to make Brainy a cyborg to give him more visual powers. Or maybe he's even a full android like the original Brainiac.
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Actually that picture is pretty much the stand up promo from the show.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:

Actually that picture is pretty much the stand up promo from the show.
[Confused]
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.