Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Which brings us back to why didn't they go with Supergirl and cash in on the JLA audience? They had a perfect jumping off point, even if they didn't want to keep the same continuity.

By the way, thanks for the update! It has been kind of quiet on the cartoon front lately. [Smile]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Which brings us back to why didn't they go with Supergirl and cash in on the JLA audience? They had a perfect jumping off point, even if they didn't want to keep the same continuity.

You know, this really confuses me. They had Supergirl stay with the Legion in JLU. They have Supergirl with the Legion in Supergirl & the LSH. Then they go and decide to make Superboy the lead in an LSH cartoon. I don't have a head for business, but even I know that's not a sound idea.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll still be there watching it. [Wink]

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Which brings us back to why didn't they go with Supergirl and cash in on the JLA audience?

I imagine they want to plug into the much larger potential Superman audience after the movie comes out.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a good thought. That might, in turn, lead even more people to the comic book. Maybe.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In other news (from Comics Continuum):

* Mekt Ranzz, Lightning Lad's brother, will appear in an episode.

* Director Ben Jones told The Continuum that the series will have "a mix of old Legion villains and new characters."

* Look for a preview of the series at Comic-Con International in San Diego next month.

* In the series, Cosmic Boy was a founder and the first leader of the Legion who now spends more time as an Earth-bound diplomat. He is not one of the seven core members featured in the cast.

Those going to SDCC better be providing updates on any Legion info they come across.

[ June 13, 2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I also suspect that Mekt will be posting soon since he's finally found his way to the small screen. [Smile]
Lightning Lad
Founder

A change in the logo and a somewhat better look at the full-figured ( [Smile] ) Bouncing Boy from the 2006 Licensing Show (courtesy of Heidi MacDonald at The Beat):

-

-

Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Check out Brainy in this picture from Comics Continuum:
Click for fullsize image

(picture at http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0606/21/legion.htm )
Ummm, what happened to his neck?

Sigh. I thought I had scooped everyone by publicizing Heidi's picture from The BEAT, but turns out Comics Continuum had even more. Damn that Rob Alstetter!

[edit note: Michael, I changed the image link to the image I'm hosting at the Clubhouse since we kinda frown on hotlinking here. Plus my version is a little cleaner. [Smile] ]

[ June 22, 2006, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Since you beat me to the image (my cable is running sub-dial up speeds tonight and it took me 45 minutes to get it added to the Clubhouse) I'll just chime in and say WFT? about Brainy's neck. Did they go ahead and make him a robot?

And from looking at Heidi's images I think the art has become a bit better, if those are the finals. Much cleaner than what we've seen previously and not as horrifying. I just wish she could have gotten some better shots.

Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Everything is caps but Es and Ns? I'm calling the font police.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Brainiac 5 is Elastic Lad! [Eek!]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Still not loving Tinya's saucer eyes...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure the character portrayals will grow on me.

Eventually.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks to an anonymous tip, we have a few more shots of the backdrop from the Licensing Show. It appears that either everyone got there at the same time or the backdrop was positioned to capture the sun at all times. The Legion is still washed out in the sunlight.

Superboy, err young Superman
Timber Wolf, Saturn Girl, Bouncing Boy
Phantom Girl, Brainiac 5 and Lightning Lad
Brainiac 5
Bouncing Boy

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Notice it doesn't look like any of them are wearing flight rings?

Maybe their belts allow them to fly... though it's also possible that not all animated Legionnaires will be able to fly.

From looking at the closeup of Lightning Lad they may have flight rings. No 'L' visible on it though. I can't imagine that they'd miss out on that marketing opportunity.
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.