Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Comics Continuum has a full large version of the TV Guide image.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Or you could have visited my site. [Wink]

Also, if you had, you would have seen the news of the new Legion trade scheduled for October. The third one for the new series. Where's the love for the previous run?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Errr... yeah... that would have worked too [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Where's the love for the previous run?

In Reboot's pants... [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opusrph
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opusrph   Email opusrph         Edit/Delete Post     
I never noticed Bouncing Boy behind Timber Wolf in the TV Guide picture.

Now if only it were Mon-El... [Smile]

Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
D'OH! :Homer: It just dawned on me... those of us who're going to San Diego this year are probably goin to be some of the first people to see official LSH cartoon stuff! [Elastic Lad]

You guys better keep us in the loop... I know Abin's planning on having his laptop, like he did at Boston!

Ooh, like I wasn't jealous before this... [Frown] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Any full team roster? *fingers crossed*

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Comics Continuum has a full large version of the TV Guide image.

WHOA! I love it! Not the DCAU style, but not the Teen Titans Go style, either... I can't wait! I'm away for a while, and I can't believe how much I missed here...

I'm sure this has been said a hundred times already, but I hope seeing the cartoon convinces Waid/Kitson to bring in Bouncing Boy.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dunno if it's already been posted, but Dave Johnson apparently did some design work on the new toon:
http://www.newsarama.com/general/DAveJohnson/DaveJohnson.html

I talked to him at last San Diego Con and I remember him saying he did a lot of the tech design on JLU (the space station, javelin, etc.) and that he was working on another secret project he couldn't talk about - I wonder if that was Legion?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Once again, shame on you for not visiting the Clubhouse. Not only did I post about Johnson's work there is also news of a companion comic for the animated series in the works.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SouthtownKid:
[QUOTE]I'm sure this has been said a hundred times already, but I hope seeing the cartoon convinces Waid/Kitson to bring in Bouncing Boy.

Just wait for issue 22. [Wink]

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I met and talked to someone who works in connection to the show yesterday, and have some good news and bad news:

Firstly, the art style of the show is supposedly closer to the Bruce Timm DCAU style than the promo art we've seen so far. That's neither good nor bad for me, because I like both...but I'm sure some people will be happy.

The bad news is that due to losing the lawsuit with the Seigel and Schuster heirs, DC can't use the name 'Superboy' in the show.

At all.

So all the episodes completed up to this point have had to be re-dubbed, calling the character 'Superman.' Apparantly, there is even some discussion as to whether the character now is even Superman as a boy...or if he will be an adult Superman who has been de-aged somehow. Yeesh, I hope that doesn't happen.

The good news is that we should be seeing the series around September. Also, there is a full toy line in the works from Mattel...can't wait for that.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Exactly how reliable is this source STK? There has been no official outcome of the Siegel/DC lawsuit. The Siegel's won a summary judgment in March but Warner filed an appeal immediately. The matter is far from settled.

And just a quick point. It is only the heirs of the Jerry Siegel who are involved. He was the sole owner of the copyright for Superboy which he turned around and sold to DC. It is the change in copyright laws that have kept this an issue.

[ June 12, 2006, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Superboy's name and character. This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How hard would it be for the WB to reach into their very large pockets and make the whole issue go away? [No] Cheapskates!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Exactly how reliable is this source STK? There has been no official outcome of the Siegel/DC lawsuit. The Siegel's won a summary judgment in March but Warner filed an appeal immediately. The matter is far from settled.

And just a quick point. It is only the heirs of the Jerry Siegel who are involved. He was the sole owner of the copyright for Superboy which he turned around and sold to DC. It is the change in copyright laws that have kept this an issue.

Yeah, I might have misunderstood, and what he was talking about was the summary judgement...not sure about that. My impression was that they needed to move forward in order to get the show out on time, so who knows... maybe the name change is more of a 'better safe than sorry' thing, rather than them actually losing yet. (And yeah, you're right about it only being the Siegel heirs)

My source seemed reliable to me...he said that when it came up they were going to have to re-dub all references to 'Superboy', he had suggested they change it to 'Kal-El', which I think would have made a great middle ground...but I guess they felt it would not have the same level of public recognition.

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.