Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires #1. I loved that version of the Legion, and when i saw that cover for the first time, it really got me excited.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion #1. It has a very "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" vibe with them coming out of the light like that. Great cover!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion #1. Beautiful cover.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion # 1, for the mystery, uniqueness, and resolution of the Lost story.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires #1.

It was tough though, I love the energy popping off the page by Copiel.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion #1
Dynamic and foreboding.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Taking any sentimental attachment to characters aside, I think The Legion #1 is one of the best first issue covers I have seen for ANY comic book team really....it has loads of atmosphere, so it gets my vote! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, after an initially close race, THE LEGION takes the win with 18 votes, trouncing LEGIONNAIRES with 7 votes!

Next face-off coming up soon!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ALL-SPECIAL FACE-OFF FAN SUGGESTED BATTLE ROYALE DELUXE SUPREME EXCELLENTE

Here at Face-Off Central, we listen to YOU!! One of our regular voters wondered about having a face-off 'twixt an original BAXTER COVER and the later NEWSTAND COVER.... and I thought that sounded fun!

Original:

-

VS.

Newstand:

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
The newstand version, because it has Comet Queen.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Lightle vs. Colon. Each has its strengths, but I need to go with Legion #11. Rokk looks great on that cover.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Good art on both, I have no idea what the story is about in either, two out of three of my favorite costumes (Garth and Imra, Rokk, not so much) and one of Imra's more interesting face-framing hairstyles.

Both also have Chuck.

The LSH cover has some dynamic poses and gratuitious displays of power and a shot of the HQ.

The Tales cover has Nose-Grabber Lad, some alien world and cityscape, and a third-tier character (Comet Queen). I love to see Academy students (although she's at the bottom of the list I'd want to see...).

Wow. This one isn't easy!

I'll go with Tales, since the cover may not be as beautiful as Lightle's work on the LSH cover, but it is more representative of what's behind the cover, and it's suggestive that the Big Three founders are going to take a break, to deal with non-superheroing life concerns, like Graym-raising or whatever it is that has Rokk with such a frowny face.

A Legion with less focus on the Big Three, and more on less-developed characters, appeals to me, and while I have no idea if this is what the Tales cover actually means, that's what it *feels* like it represents...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

While I really like Lightle's Bouncing Boy, I think the Colon cover is much more well done, all starfieldy and stuff.

NEWSTAND.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH #11...Lightle wins everytime for me.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that 60s style strip across the bottom of the LSH #11 cover with Bouncing Boy pointing to the announcement of his own appearance in the issue, and generally prefer Lightle's art to Colon's...

But I'm gonna go with Tales #336 for the win. Just seems like a cleverer and more interesting design.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.