Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awe, I think kinda fun! SG's eyebrows could be roated 30 degrees down or so but overall I kinda like the costume designs. Don't tell me you're not gonna buy the lunchbox and trapper keeper! I wonder if they're gonna touch on romance between SG and LL?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I'm ticked. Tuesday has always been the day the supermarkets get the following week's TV Guide. Been that way since I was a kid. So I went and made a special stop today only to find them just putting out this week's edition that started May 1. This was at two Albertsons. Smiths was even worse. They didn't even have a copy of this week's edition, let alone next week's. And the four stores I tried had already put out their magazines for the week. They won't get their next shipment until next Tuesday.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
this first image of the legion toon almost moved me to tears, i LOVE it.
finally, a legion a could like again...

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sollie
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sollie   Author's Homepage   Email Sollie         Edit/Delete Post     
Dammit, Brainy, what were you told about consuming alien substances? Kick the habit!

Saturn Girl really needs a belt to have the belt buckle. As it is, it looks like she's got a button in the wrong place.

--------------------
'What the--a robot shark!'

Be warned--I liked post-ZH.

Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Hahaha Geoff Johns shut his board down to keep spoilers for IC 7 from hitting before tommorrow.

And this is just plain silly. I mean how sensitive are people these days? Why punish an entire community because a few people can't handle reading some spoilers. Get a [SPOILER] tag for gosh sakes!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Just another reason Legion World is superior!!

(Suck up? Moi? Nevah! [Good] )

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone asked why Phantom Girl instead of some other female Legionnaire - it's easy. They're using Winema Wazzo as the UP president, so now they get the mother/authority figure role to play against the daughter/rebel figure role.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rokk
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rokk   Email Rokk         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say that I rather much like the look of this Legion cartoon. Brainiac 5 is really the only character that I'm not wild about. He looks like Chibi Brainy. But, all the rest of them look great.

--------------------
http://comicbookrevolution.blogspot.com/

From: Va. Beach | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Universo.

I can't help but imagine we'll see Universo soon. Anyone with a monocle is made for animation. Plus he's always good fodder for a Saturn-Girl centric story. By the same reasoning we should see Mekt early on too.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheer
Supertemp

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheer   Email sheer         Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic.
Just as the Titan personalities were tweaked...I can't help but wonder if even-tempered comic book Brainy will become whiny little coward Brainy in animation, given that SD look.

To Saturn Girl:
"Those aren't your eyebrows! Those are snakes, drop 'em!"

From: CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
As far as Imra's eyebrows, I think it seems likely that they're playing her as a Vulcan-type.
Nobody's mentioned it, and it's very possible that they don't want to overSuper Superboy, but if Cosmic Boy's going to be in it (no mention in the official blurb) what about Ultra Boy?

I also agree that the Legion needs Cham. Vi and Gim would be very nice too, for that matter.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmph. I got the TV Guide in the mail. They obviously don't know a major news story when it's staring them in the face. I was expecting at least a double page spread, but the picture's about the size of two postage stamps. Bouncing Boy's still cropped out too. Bah!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheer
Supertemp

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheer   Email sheer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm...I see why Phantom Girl looks so strung out. [Wink] Mothers can do that to their teens. (Scroll down to see April Winchell, voicing Winema Wazzo.)
From: CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Hahaha Geoff Johns shut his board down to keep spoilers for IC 7 from hitting before tommorrow.

-

I like the way they all look a little weird with alien eyes, etc....

This whole thing thrills me and I plan on buying each and every bit of merchandise that comes of it!

AR listers, prepare!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wolfboy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wolfboy   Email wolfboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that with any tv production, they aim at a certain demographic, because they're the majority not us hardcore fans. So I'm just happy we're getting a LSH show! I loved the Teen Titan art, so this works for me, and while the JLU style was awesome, things change.
From: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.