Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related May 2011 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion-related May 2011 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Comet Queen's been flat-chested since her 1st app.
Even Phil was drawing her that way.
So, what happens?
She gets one cover all too herself and *BOOM!*

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I miss her huge hair too!

I agree about that being an awesome rendition of CQ too, but I always remembered her as being kind of flat-chested and not at all conventionally attractive....it's a shame most comic artists don't actually draw different body types anymore...

Kory's hair is 'big' IN the book, imo.
Aubin is amazing in so may ways.

I just find that I prefer her the way that Lopresti draws her, less cartoony.

And Phil's drawing CQ traditionally, small chest, nose and mouth - in #523, anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Comet Queen's been flat-chested since her 1st app.
Even Phil was drawing her that way.
So, what happens?
She gets one cover all too herself and *BOOM!*

'BOOM!' is the perfect word, alright.
[Yes]

[ February 15, 2011, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the cover spotlight for T-Wolf. Brin is becoming one of my favorites in this Legion.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
It is a nice shot of T-Wolf, but I wish they'd lay off the claw bit and let him use his fists.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Comet Queen still looks pretty modestly endowed to me, compared to most other women in the superhero biz.

[shrug]

Of course, I prefer the more modestly endowed version of Kory, too. What can I say?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Yildiray has posted on his Facebook page that the Timber Wolf vs Sun Emperor image being used for the LSH #13 solicits is actually the variant cover for LSH #11.
He did not explain why #11 is getting a variant cover though, or if any subsequent issues shall be.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
It is a nice shot of T-Wolf, but I wish they'd lay off the claw bit and let him use his fists.

I've never quite understood that. Does he have actual claws or are they part of his gloves?

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
say what happened to June solicititation 2011 and are those issues being postponed?!? the covers are the same as May 2011?? me confused...???
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
say what happened to June solicititation 2011 and are those issues being postponed?!? the covers are the same as May 2011?? me confused...???

new solicitation for May:

ADVENTURE COMICS #526
Written by PAUL LEVITZ; Art by PHIL JIMENEZ, JEFFREY MOY, ANDY LANNING and PHILIP MOY; Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ

The conclusion to Paul Levitz and Phil Jimenez's "Legion Academy" arc! We hope the cadets survive it! Plus, longtime LEGION artists Jeffrey and Philip Moy draw an all-new short story starring the speedster XS, and what she finds in this version of the 31st century is deadlier than she ever thought!
DC Universe32pg.Color$2.99 US
On Sale May 4, 2011

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
JEFF MOY?!? YES! LO [Love] VE his work! [Band]

I hope Philip Moy has improved though. [Embarrassed] His stuff just always looked inferior next to his brother(?)/cousin(?)/Dad(?)'s to me.

Great to see XS escape from limbo at last too. Wonder where her story is leading?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
But... the Jeff Moy news distracted me from the rest of the solicit. Just read it and... the Academy story is over already?!? [Frown] That's sad. Was hoping for a much longer run of Jiminez and Levitz here. Maybe it's just the first story arc that's finishing? Hope, hope, hope.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Me, too!
Jiminez and Lanning, J&L, J&L!

I love Moy, as well!
And doing XS!
sigh
I SO didn't want to have to buy into the new Flash summer stories.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
But... the Jeff Moy news distracted me from the rest of the solicit. Just read it and... the Academy story is over already?!? [Frown] That's sad. Was hoping for a much longer run of Jiminez and Levitz here. Maybe it's just the first story arc that's finishing? Hope, hope, hope.

that s for #526....next issue #527 will focus on the Comet Queen origin...so i think that the Academy will stay on after that... I HOPE!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

We all need to write or email DC & let them know we want to see MORE Legion Academy stories!!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THIS?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.