Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics 522 w/Preview & Spoilers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics 522 w/Preview & Spoilers
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
EDE wrote: ...Besides, everyone knows that fat people are happy and jolly. I can't accept this unrealistic portrayal of the overweight as evil.
No no no. Only fat dudes are happy and jolly. Fat chicks are all pitable pushy psychos who can't stop talking to married men about our collections of latex bondage gear. Didn't you ever watch NYPD Blue?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Crap, you're right! I'll try to be more sensitive to gender differences when applying stereotypes in the future! [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I like this Sun Killer fellow! He seems a little Warren Ellis-esque with his whole "I stole the heart of a dying sun" schtick. Plus, I kind of like the idea of Saturn Queen having a bunch of enslaved bad guys waiting in the wings, it's kind of creepy. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I finally read the whole issue and I have to say it was ok. Just ok for me, and that's very frustrating. The preview was the best part for me. I guess I felt a bit let down that the story was cut way too short just to give some room to this Legends online review. Oh well, next month is the start of a new chapter for the Legion (Academy, Jimenez).

I don't know who this blue baby creature might be, it's probably someone completely new anyway.

The fight scene with Sun Killer and Green-el was ho-hum in my opinion and Mon seemed "tapped out" a bit too soon though in my opinion. Boy does he really need lots of practice in the GL willpower game!

I don't really care if Tellus has working legs now or not ... I honestly never gave that any serious thought.

I wish they would've used those 5 preview pages at the end to give us more insight as to how/why/when Saturn Queen will escape and go on to form this new Legion of Super-Villians. I bet now we'll just get a throw away line in the special explaining how she, I don't know, blew up the ship and everyone on it then escaped.

Sigh

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Baby Blue? Origin of the Universe viewing? Green Lanterns? Warning of Origin of the Unverse unheaded...

could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Krona?

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about him. I bet you're right!

I thought it was interesting that Mon-El's power ring was vulnerable to Sunkiller's yellow solar rays, but Mon-El was vulnerable to the red solar rays. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I'd also think he'd have a HELLUVA strong will power after spending 1,000 years in the phantom zone without going crackers.

Why can't Tellus just read the Durlans' minds to see what happened to Zendak? Who needs Dawnstereotype?

[ January 06, 2011, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: jimgallagher ]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting issue. I liked seeing Mon-El learn to use his GL ring and make some mistakes.

I was surprised that we didn't see anyone contact Mon yet about the election results. I assumed it would happen in this issue, but I guess not.

I didn't expect to get clues about the LSV event so soon, so it was nice to see things were starting already. And I loved how the various subplots are becoming connected, with Titanfall in issue #1 resulting in the "Blue Baby" and how it's the threat the new GLs were created for and how it connects to Saturn Queen and the LSV. I'm very excited to see where this book is headed.

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
I appreciate the $2.99 price but missed the Atom feature.

Same here. I'm sad that the Atom story is going to finish up in a one-shot and then stop.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
My dealer said the Atom has a new ongoing in March.
?

It's funny, I saw Lar being strong and using his powers in the yellow light of SK and using the Ring in the red light.
That's what I'd do, anyway.

And I'd say that this story was finished before the count for leader came in, that's why there's no mention of it in this issue.

The blue baby said that it'd make slaves for the evil entity if the energy stayed to wake it, right?
So, that's weird.

Dyogene is still an anomally to me.
As is this whole storyline.
I'll have to just wait and see, I guess.

Didn't read Atom before so I didn't miss it this time, I'm afraid.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Big Legion logo on the cover, but inside were only 3 Legionnaires, one of whom was in a coma.

Two pages of Harmonia Li and we know little more about her.

Sure is a good thing Blue Baby skedaddled. I wonder why.

The Mon-El/Sun Killer fight just seemed flat to me.

Is this to be a war between Dyogene and Blue Baby ("that which the Guardians decreed I battle....")? Will it be the battle of the Little Big Heads?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
The Little Big Heads.
That's very good!
lol

About Tellus, given that he has legs as well as a tail, wouldn't his many years out of water have given his legs strength?

I DO prefer him floating, though, as a pure sea creature.
(I've said this before, but DC showed that Tellus' people were originally metahumans pushed genetically to the enth degree by the Dominators.
If DC sticks with that, showing Tellus with more functioning hands and legs might be the way of things. Unfortunately, DC owns him, not Lightle.)

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:

The blue baby said that it'd make slaves for the evil entity if the energy stayed to wake it, right?
So, that's weird.

That's how I read it at first too, but I think the panel dialogue is actually supposed to be Saturn Queen talking to the Blue Baby. She's promising to make slaves for it if it releases her.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:

So, that's weird.

That's how I read it at first too, but I think the panel dialogue is actually supposed to be Saturn Queen talking to the Blue Baby. She's promising to make slaves for it if it releases her.
Yes, those are Saturn Queen's words - see the little Saturn emblem in the first box.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm old. The first thing I thought of when I saw Sun Killer was "Qu'est que c'est?". Now I can't get it out of my head.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks for the clarification, gentlemen.
[Smile]
quote:
Originally posted by duck458:
I'm old. The first thing I thought of when I saw Sun Killer was "Qu'est que c'est?". Now I can't get it out of my head.

What does the quote mean?
I old and can't seem to put 2 + 2 together, anymore.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Jo Nah TMK
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nah TMK   Email Jo Nah TMK         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
I guess I felt a bit let down that the story was cut way too short just to give some room to this Legends online review.

I wish they would've used those 5 preview pages at the end to give us more insight as to how/why/when Saturn Queen will escape and go on to form this new Legion of Super-Villians. I bet now we'll just get a throw away line in the special explaining how she, I don't know, blew up the ship and everyone on it then escaped.

Sigh

Just an FYI that I feel should be pointed out - The Online preview didn't cut into any story pages. It was included extra in most if not all of the DCU titles shipping this week. The LSH story ran 20 pages. Compare to Superboy out this week, which ran 21 pages (the one page difference was the Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne house ad in Adventure).
From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.