Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Night Girl... lets get her into the Legion regular! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Night Girl... lets get her into the Legion regular!
Brody27
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brody27           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. I liked seeing her as a regular member. I am not a fan of the Academy and of sticking Legion members there as instructers.
From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, as long as the odd "save the universe cuz the regular Legion's busy with other stuff" adventure happens form time to time then who cares? At least we get to see our rare favs! [Smile]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Just think its time for some powerful new female blood in the gang. Star level power. The girls are great for stealth and sly missions, but not to much calls for phantom ladies to save the universe by being able to slip through walls. Granted, Im mindful of PG doing just that at one point back in the early two hundreds, but thats one adventure in how many now?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always thought that an interesting upgrade for Night Girl would be for her to use total darkness as a means of "recharging" her strength. She could retain her super strength in light as long as she spent 12 hours a day in total darkness.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I like, Jerry!

For femme powerhouses, I'd vote for bringing back Celeste!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
FYI: Levitz says she'll show up at the Legion Academy as an instructor.

He also said that he believed that during the johns run she was with the Subs!

Come-on Paul Levitz, update yourself on what's been happening. Lydda was a Legionnaire all through the Johns and Robinson/Gates runs.

did someone corrected him that one?

and where do you get those info from?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know, but I've seen it posted by others as well. I'd love to see her join the team though in Paul's legion. She always seemed the classy type to me. Maybe it was because she's the only person/character I've ever seen that actually could rock a beehive. I could even see her with a bit of Elvira, without the campy/goofy. Being from a dark planet, she would inherently be more comfortable in the "spookier" storylines. Legion has another sewer adventure, its all dark, monster steps outta the shadows, everyone is set to fight/freak and she's going "Oh, Hey Bob. How's the wife and kids?" Kinda like Marilyn from the Munsters. Its just normal to her.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
she's the only person/character I've ever seen that actually could rock a beehive.

Hey, don't forget Marge Simpson! You can't top a blue beehive!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Well, Marge is sexy, but the overall look of NG is just better. Sides, after Homer, who else is gonna measure up?

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys bring up a great point (in your own goofy ways of course [Smile] )

Lydda would need a complete make-over when(not "if") she does return, IMO.
Lose the hair and revamp the costume ... something contemporary and sexy for both.
A power boost of some sort would be in order as well. Nothing so drastic as with Luornu, but perhaps a new costume with built in blackness-casting properties?

C'mon Paul ... don't let us Night Girl fans down!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
In the words of Marcia Brady - *SLAP* Cut my hair??

I love Lydda's beehive!! I love that in the 31st century, a chick can rock a beehive, it totally suits her, and it gives her a look which is different to pretty much any other superheroine I can think of.

I really like the Marilyn Munster idea too...it would be cool if stuff like vampires and werewolves came up every now and then and she just rolled up her sleeves and took to it without being at all freaked out. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
On a tangent, I had a dream last night about being able to phase thru walls, and it got me to thinking about Phantom Girl. I find her rather boring. I'd like to see her abilities expanded to include being able to communicate with ghosts, as she did in Adv. 340. I could see her taking on a more supernatural persona and have a series of ghostly tales with her in the spotlight. Sort of like when Lilith joined the original Teen Titans and they kinda went on a "Tales of Suspense" tangent for a while. PG's also been shown as being able to enter and leave the Phantom Zone under her own power. Would like to see more done with that too, now that we have the PZ back again.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.