Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Showcase Presents: LOSH vol 4 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Showcase Presents: LOSH vol 4
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been reading the stories out of sequence, because I think the art declines once it changes from Curt Swan to Win Mortimer, and I really wanted to get to the Dave Cockrum stories.

So far, the only one that's really impressed me is the Cockrum one where they fight Validus and Tharok, but that one alone justifies the price tag (especially as the original issue would most likely cost even more.) The Mordru one has nice art by Swan, but I don't think it lived up to the hype. Chronologically, it marks the beginning of Shooter's recurring problem with making villains so powerful that there was no satisfactory way of defeating them.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to diss the Showcase series which is a great collection of books and classic stories, but I much prefer the colourful hardcover LSH Archives series. They all look so nice sitting all in a row on my bookself! [Smile]
I guess I just can't justify spending money on black and white books anymore. Even if that means breaking my completist collector streak.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A lot of my first exposure to the Legion and comics in general were from black-and-white reprints. It doesn't phase me a bit. I'm also a cheapskate in many respects. [Wink] The Showcase series is fine for me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
500 pages of comics for under $15 is hard to beat value-wise!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
Tree Man...why haven't I seen more jokes about him?

My favorite Tree-Man thread!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.