Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers)
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
oh man... Click Here For A SpoilerTimber Wolf has heightened senses and claws now?? BLEHH. Is that really gonna help the Wolverine comparisons any?

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Does he have a homicidal maniac for a son?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

LOL
[LOL]

As for Jeckie's costume, yes I hate it too but I don't hate it as much when the wig and mask are off.
Jeckie's white-ish hair actually makes the white in the costume stand out more, thus making the whole thing more tolerable to me.
Does she really need to keep her identity a secret any longer? It's been so long, I don't think anyone really cares anymore, do they?

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Somehow it worked for with just the mark off, at least to me.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
Does she really need to keep her identity a secret any longer? It's been so long, I don't think anyone really cares anymore, do they?

I'm kind of in two minds about it....on one hand it actually does make sense for the rest of the world not to know that she's Projectra because it makes her illusions more effective.

On the other hand, the Fatal Five at least know who she is, and while Sarya died not long after that encounter the Persuader, Flare and Caress are still around. I guess the question then becomes how chummy are the bad guys of the 31st Century and how likely would they be to spread the word?

If everyone knows that Sensor Girl is Projectra then the mask is silly. If it's still a secret, I think it's definitely worth keeping a secret...

--------------------
postlo3w

razsolo
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

You mean Mountain Goat, the rock-climbing psychopath he's always butting heads with? Nothing's been confirmed, but I hear rumors....

[Razz]

--------------------
postlo3w

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
oh man... Click Here For A SpoilerTimber Wolf has heightened senses and claws now?? BLEHH. Is that really gonna help the Wolverine comparisons any?

The claws have some historical precedence as he was sometimes drawn that way after the accident that left him looking 'animalistic'. The heightened senses are a total mistake for this version of the character although the reboot T-wolf did have heightened senses and a healing factor (at the end of the run). The irony here is that 1. Brin predates Logan and 2. Wolverine was originally concieved as a villain for a LSH spin-off series that never happened.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The whole purpose of Sensor Girl's mask was to hide her identity. Wouldn't the tiara be an obvious reminder to her foes who she is? Sensor Girl for leader and she can celebrate with a whole makeover in her wardrobe.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
actually Brin had the claws b4 and the heighten senses b4 as well.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
The (standard) cover: I loved the way Dirk and Tasmia are both watching Earth-Man. Sun Boy's face is brilliant. Shadow Lass looks like someone ready to jump into his bed.

The symbolism of it being Sun Boy and Shadow Lass that are clearly keeping an eye on him, as Earth-Man is 'trapped between the light and the dark' deciding which way he's going to go, is kinda neat.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I find Dirk's joking(?) about picking up a Titanian girl in this context a little bizarre.

This, like the comment about Polar Boy breaking Sun Boy's flirting record in the second issue (ish), seems to be telling us about Sun Boy, by way of establishing characterization, rather than *showing us* that characterization.

It could be terribly clever, in that he's clearly not the man he used to be, if he's still surviving off of that reputation, despite *not* being a lothario any more...

It's not like we've seen him dating since being busted out of captivity.

If Paul is playing with long-term fans expectations by having Dirk's friends not having recognized yet how changed he is from happy-go-lucky mister serial monogamist, it could make for some interesting character development, although, after what happened with Reboot Sun Boy, I'm not sure I want to see him dragged down that path again...

[ September 16, 2010, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The symbolism of it being Sun Boy and Shadow Lass that are clearly keeping an eye on him, as Earth-Man is 'trapped between the light and the dark' deciding which way he's going to go, is kinda neat.
Good point, interesting.

I disagree about interpreting Shady's look at EM as amourous.
It just looks intense and rather distrusting, to me.

And I didn't think that Sneckie was a slap in the face for old fans.
I'm an old fan.

But I always found the original to be extremely boring.
Even Sensor Girl was almost non-dimensional in personality.
The mask certainly suited her.

Now, I think I remember Legionnaires calling her Jeckie or Princess or something.
I'll have to recheck the dialog, but that would render the mask kind of rediculous, giving her identity away, imo.
Like the crown, it's counter productive to a 'secret' identity.

I thought that the lovely close-up of her that we saw was spoiled by the mask.
Jeckie may have little personality, but she IS beautiful.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
[qb] I find Dirk's joking(?) about picking up a Titanian girl in this context a little bizarre.

This, like the comment about Polar Boy breaking Sun Boy's flirting record in the second issue (ish), seems to be telling us about Sun Boy, by way of establishing characterization, rather than *showing us* that characterization.

[QB]

It just seems really clumsy and to make the characterization of him really one-note. Especially in a situation like this in which it seems the perfect opportunity to allude to other important beats in Sun Boy's past, like the evacuation of Xenn.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
It just seems really clumsy and to make the characterization of him really one-note.

Oh, I agree. 'Show, don't tell' is a mantra of visual storytelling (usually TV, but is also applies to comics).

When a character's personality is described, instead of shown (and the character isn't in a coma or something...), it's just flat-out bad scripting.

Hence my sidetrack into speculating that this Dirk hasn't 'shown' the interest that he talks up, making me wonder if maybe it's a deeper thing, where he's putting on a show of being the same fun-loving skirt-chasing Dirk, when he's really more angry and bitter about recent events.

Maybe he's even a bit put out by how Garth and Imra are off saving the kids, and have the whole family thing going on, and Tinya's so important to Jo that she can snap him out of mind-control, and, because of his past choices, there's nobody who means that much to him, or to whom he means that much, which, now that he's all angsty about what happened in the recent xenophobia storyline, means he's got no one to open up to, or no one that he's close enough to that they would notice he's not himself...

Or not.

Could just be crap writing, and me trying to sew a silk purse out of it.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
The things that come out of Sun Boy's mouth lately are a bit off-putting ... maybe it's post traumatic stress disorder?
I agree with what you said Set. Hopefully he's not actually serious about the stuff he's saying but rather acting out in front of his old friends, you know, being the Dirk he's expected to be (a ladies man) rather than the actual person he is today, or how life has made him become (more mature if you will).
We all act a certain way in front of those people we grew up with as opposed to, say, the colleagues at a new job or something.

And speaking of costume blunders (Sensor Girl) I think it's only fair to mention those ridiculous light blue, (what are they anyway, leotards?) that Brin is sporting lately.
Really???? [Confused]

[ September 17, 2010, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: future king ]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
wrong. the other thing all of Legion fandom agreed on was how awful "Sneckie" was.

I liked Sneckie, as a person.
The robot arms were silly, but Sneckie I liked.
Sorry GN.

I agree with Candle. "Sneckie" (and Monstress) both had a great deal of class, IMO. So, please, don't attempt to speak for all of Legion fandom, thank you very much.
[No]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.