Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote the first one because it shows the look of abject horror dawning on Lu's face as she is the first Legionnaire to realise that Size Lad has grown Element Lad big enough that his gravitational pull is drawing the rest of the universe into his veejay.

THE LEGION NEED HELP WITH THEIR SEXY FIGHT! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I pick 267.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Can the 267 supporters explain to me how Element Lad can be both standing up and have his fingers pressed against the glass?

Pink rays from fingers and helmet horns are much cooler.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nighty, to my eyes it doesn't look like he's standing, it looks like he's floating loose in space, and attempted to reach the ship in a last ditch survival effort and just as his fingertips touch the 'window', he passes out and his legs kinda float upward while his fingers are still on the window.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Some objects (feet for example) may appear closer than they actually are...IN SPACE!

I vote for the Shady/Pepto Bismol cover.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Nighty, to my eyes it doesn't look like he's standing, it looks like he's floating loose in space, and attempted to reach the ship in a last ditch survival effort and just as his fingertips touch the 'window', he passes out and his legs kinda float upward while his fingers are still on the window.

That was my initial thought, too; however, Jan should be hunched over for his fingers to be touching to window.

I'm not a fan of either of these covers, but the Dagon one trumps the other primarly because Jan's position makes one think too much about the cover.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dang, now you've got me thinking about it too!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with 263, just because Jan can create his own darn air so there really isn't a crisis there.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
I'll go with 263, just because Jan can create his own darn air so there really isn't a crisis there.

That was one of my reasons too!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

UPDATED TALLY!

LSH 263... 7 votes

LSH 267... 7 votes

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I like both covers quite a bit, but I'm going to take 263 over the other because I find it just a bit more dynamic. It feels like we, the readers, are rushing into the fight and we could almost be the fifth Legionnaire arriving on the scene.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote 267. But I will confess that I had never noticed that Jan is touching the glass. The position of his legs doesn't make sense, does it?

Still, I love Lu and BB, and there are very few covers that feature them. I remember 267, and had no recollection of 263.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I like 267 because it shows off the Legionnaires better.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
263 because I always thought that Element Lad looks odd on 267. The proportion or something seem off, the first time I saw that cover I though Jan had some sort of allergic reaction and was puffing up, not that he was drifting unconscious in space.

However, if it wasn't for the odd pose on Jan, I do think the rest of the cover is stronger than 263 and the subject matter is more interesting (nice classic vibe, beyond group of heroes gang rushing villain).

But I still vote 263, better understanding of anatomy or foreshadowing or something.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Updated tally:

LSH 263.... 9 votes

LSH 267.... 9 votes

Every tally has been a tie, that's pretty amazing. I'll leave the polls open until... I wake up tomorrow (THAT could by ANY time!) and we'll see if we have a winner or a tie!

--------------------

This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.