Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
What about the one piece dark blue he wore right before the reboot happened?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Link to DC's Source Blog with more on Levitz's return to the Legion
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Cos has stated...that he's alone.
There you go. Rokk and Lydda.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

(Not counting Brainy and Kara, because today's character is nothing like Brainy's Kara.)

All the eye rolls in the world doesn't sum up my opinion of that

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And yet that doesn't stop us from trying.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm pretty damn excited about this! LOSH *and* Adventure! AWESOME!

The 10 fingers comment he made refers to Shady obviously--probably to do with some of the continuity changes that were made.

And not only Levitz/Giffen but Jim Sherman might be coming back too! Wow!!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
Failed couple: could be Ayla/Vi, or Ayla/Brin, or Cos/Night Girl.
i like the artist. he's clearly newish and finding his style but i see a lot of potential. also his simple take on faces leaves the age up to interpretation. some artists have drawn the legion too old and grizzled.
i REALLY dislike the costumes.(except Cos's)
i noticed Cosmic Boy has one orb smaller than the other four on his chest. it's repeated in the group shot. wonder what that's about. maybe it's missing... a tribute to Pol?
Levitz didn't mention the Ardeen-Ranzz babies.
he mentions Xs. i realize that the Tornado Twins (Dawn Allen is her mom) are still alive in this Earth and same age as the legionnaires. i hope he touches on this.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Also just want to point out that artwork shown isn't a poster or a cover but appears to be a page from one of the story interiors. So it naturally won't include a lot of Legionnaires.
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Somebody's planet is going to be destroyed, huh?

Didn't we lose Orando in threeboot? And Vulcan in the last Star Trek movie?

Apparently, destroying planets is the modern day version of upping the ante.

I'm glad that Levitz is returning to the Legion, and some of his ideas sound intriguing--particularly xenophobia as something human beings never really shake. But in the era of the $3.99 comic book, it's going to take a lot to pull me back in as a reader.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
here's the artist's webpage. looks good! more dynamic than i was expecting.
http://www.yildiraycinar.net/
i'm glad he doesn't have an "Image" style and also is not too tight like a lot of artists they put on futuristic books.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Sometimes the universe produces good news just when you need it. I've learned that my interest in comics in general is pretty closely tied to the publication of a good Legion comic. As a result, the past year I've found it harder and harder to trek to the comic book store and fork over ridiculous sums of money. The last week I was seriously considering chucking the whole thing. And then this happens. No pressure, Levitz, but my comic reading future, and DC's continued revenue from ME, rest entirely on your nebbishy shoulders. Do NOT disappoint me!

The IO9 article is a must read. Levitz just gives wonderful interviews -- without spoiling anything major, he conveys a thoughtfulness and insight that few of his "peers" manage (DiDio!).

It's so interesting that Paul has latched onto Earth Man. On the one hand, I worry that Paul is repeating his pattern of doing variations on existing themes rather than striking out into new creative territory. On the other hand, maybe it only makes sense to include a character that recent readers will recognize, especially if you have a good story to tell about him.

Random speculation time:

During the 80s, Shadow Lass cut off a finger to symbolize her "marriage" to Mon-El. She clearly has all her fingers now (as Levitz himself emphasizes in the IO9 interview). Did the marriage never happen? Or is it over? How do Talokians regrow fingers? Mitigating against this is the fact that we saw Shady and Mon together (at least working together in their old familiar way) during FC: Lo3W, when they went to rouse Sodom Yat on Oa. I agree we don't seem to have seen Phantom Girl and Ultra Boy together, so maybe that relationship is over? I honestly can't remember, did they marry during Levitz's last run? Were they ever married in the original Legion? And with Tyroc back, I now agree the homeworld destroyed might in fact be his!

Also, here's a link on the artist Yildiray Cinar

http://www.yildiraycinar.net/

whose work looks really exciting. Wow. I'm almost in good mood now, and for me, in the 2nd week of January in Chicago, that's saying something.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

He's also got a DeviantArt page.

http://cinar.deviantart.com/

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Girl and Ultra Boy nearly got married during the Five Year Gap, but she was supposedly killed instead.

Tyroc was from Marzal, an island, not a planet--unless this has been retconned or changed over the years.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Marzal given some sort of Brigadoon status? Also, maybe in the intervening years, Marzal relocated to an actual planet?

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
Wasn't Marzal given some sort of Brigadoon status? Also, maybe in the intervening years, Marzal relocated to an actual planet?

Marzal shifted periodically into another dimension, a la Brigadoon, but it was still an island.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.