Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Tales of the Unexpected (Limited Series) SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Tales of the Unexpected (Limited Series) SPOILERS
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And she looks positively ravishing! Apparently I am going to have to collect this entire miniseries now! Seems fun!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
She's so cute & sassy! How can I not check this out?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm kicking myself for being so busy not to mention this earlier. I remember seeing the below scenes and wanting to post them here months ago, but I've been so busy I forgot.

Drura has been appearing in cameos previous to this issue.

The story so far...TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #1 -

Kong the Untamed Anthro (he's blond, so I doubt he's Anthro - I'm wrong about this) speaks French and writes the following message on a cave wall - "Prenez Garde Aux Architectes."

Dr. 13 dreams of a wasteland of clocks in which he finds the dying ghost of Captain Fear. The scene switches to a jungle island with a boy dressed up as a super-hero [Genius Jones] reading a book and then burning it in the nearby fire. He asks Dr. 13 for dime only to have the Doctor awake to his daughter wearing a negligee. He finally awakens.

Traci wakes him up to speak to the Premier of France whom the Doctor went to college with. As "Le Septic," he's asked to investigate a plane crash in the Alps. Traci and the Doctor fly a helicopter to the location and discuss the fact that survivors would disappear and then be found headless, skinned, gutted, and bled dry.

They are both seemingly attacked by a Yeti, who is in reality I...Vampire - Lord Andrew Bennett.

TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #2 -

The space shuttle is repairing the old JLA satellite and we see that the earth is really flat like a dime. Then Captain Fear dies in Dr. 13's arms...

-

...Dr. 13 awakens in a cave with his daughter and I...Vampire. They argue whether he was knocked out or fainted. They discover Kong's Anthro's message. Traci leaves the cave long enough to be kidnapped. Dr. 13 is knocked out by a Nazi ape's fist. Unconscious...dreaming, he meets the kid [Genius Jones] again and gives him a dime to discover that reality is being rebuilt without him. Dr. 13 thinks he's God and wakes up. He asks Andrew for help, but he can't leave the cave because of the Sun. Dr. 13 tries to erase the "Yeti" tracks that may have taken his daughter in disbelief, only to discover Kong Anthro frozen in ice. Behind Dr. 13 is a flying pirate ship.

TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #3 -

Even though he's on a flying pirate ship with a frozen Cro-Magnon boy and a vampire...looking for his daughter who was kidnapped by Yeti, Dr. 13 doesn't believe any of this. 13 convinced Captain Fear that they are searching for gold so that the pirates will help them and not kill him. They fly to a jungle nestled in the Alps which has a Nazi camp full of apes...

-

...The pirate ghosts and the Nazi apes battle each other. The pirates are unkillable but they can hurt/kill the apes. After Dr. 13 falls out of the ship and near his daughter, the boy [Genius Jones] appears in a hut. J.E.B. Stuart of the Haunted Tank appears and his horse defecates in Dr. 13's face.

TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #4 -

The Haunted Tank joins the battle and the Doctor frees his daughter who at J.E.B.'s behest flee the scene only to be attacked by the main ape. Kong Anthro saves them and Traci falls in love. They run into the hut to find the boy [Genius Jones], but the boy refuses a dollar in favor of a dime. The main ape arrives to explain he and his apes are the product of the Nazi's super soldier program. The ape wants to use Traci to create a new Master Race when he pukes due to Infectious Lass. The entire cast (minus J.E.B. are in the hut when the "Architects" appear to give the boy some dimes. But, before that happens the Haunted Tank blows up the hut. Captain Fear is upset that there's no gold.

[ May 15, 2010, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I e-mailed my CBS today about pulling any copies of TotU 1-4 they might still have on the shelf, but if they can't get # 4 I might have to seek out help from a fellow Legion Worlder!

Getting the rest of the mini will be no problem now that I've notified them.

Question: WHAT is Dru doing there?!? This is all just so... unexpected.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
That's just... astonishing. The whole thing. I'm amazed. The Nazi Gorillas, the kid with the goggles... all that wierd obscure stuff makes Infectious Lass seem downright mainstream.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Gary! This series looks wonderfully weird!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I e-mailed my CBS today about pulling any copies of TotU 1-4 they might still have on the shelf, but if they can't get # 4 I might have to seek out help from a fellow Legion Worlder!

Getting the rest of the mini will be no problem now that I've notified them.

Question: WHAT is Dru doing there?!? This is all just so... unexpected.

The whole thing is clearly a surreal adventure. Maybe it takes place inside the Silver Twist! (remember that? Ah, Denny's drinking days...)
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I laughed out loud when I saw IL. This story has been so much fun that it's kept me buying the book. The Spectre lead story has been so lackluster that if it was running by itself I'd have dropped it by now.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

...so if I read this right, she's in 2 and 3, but not 1... and not named til 4 (which I have). I'll skip #1, then.

how long does this mini run?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
8 issues.

It's $3.99 a pop, but there's a larger page count.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit this as a die-hard Golden Age fanatic, but I totally didn't recognize who the kid wanting dimes was until last night!

He's Genius Jones! [Embarrassed]

Look for more info on him here.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if DC is aware of this?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
 -

Drura's cool and all, but I'm more impressed with the homage to the original Planet of the Apes ending... [ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
8 issues.

$3.99 a pop.

Waiting for the trade. Geesh.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I think you have the right idea, Pov. Too expensive for a series I'm only following the back-up story for.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.