Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Alex Ross WB print (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Alex Ross WB print
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Would anyone know, by any chance, where one may find one of these things to purchase? Maybe they'll have one at San Diego...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Unframed - $649.99

Framed - $849.99

Both in stock!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
*gasp*

Thank you, Lightning Lad, thank you!

--------------------

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Aaaaayyyyiiiiiii!

I *just* now ordered the unframed lithograph online (I shall choose my own frame, thank you very much)!

I could kiss you LL for making it so easy! I had no idea where to look (didn't know it was a "lithograph," didn't know Alex ross had his own online store - although I SHOULD have known that one)!

Thanks again, LL!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You are more than welcome rokk steady. I'm just surprised they still have some.

You'll have to let us know when you get it and how it looks in living (so to speak) color.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed that this offering of the litho through Alex Ross's own preferred outlet does not say that it will be signed by him, as was the original offering through WB Studio Stores.

It's curious, in that he's apparently not doing so -- and in that if he is doing so, or routinely does so, it ought to receive mention on that site.

$650 is still, I fear, at least $450 too much, even for an unsigned, unframed litho of this quality. I still await the $50 poster that will be of merely superlative printing quality, not eye-poppingly astounding quality.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
the print that i have is classed as an 'ARTISTS PROOF' and it is signed and numbered 11 of 50 .....

i got mine from 'WARNER BROS' and i had it re-mounted and framed !!

i'm not sure if the re-mount and frame would have any affect on the selling price ???

not that i'll EVER sell it though !!! so i don't really mind .... [ but it would be interesting to know ?? ]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
Aaaaayyyyiiiiiii!

I *just* now ordered the unframed lithograph online (I shall choose my own frame, thank you very much)!

I could kiss you LL for making it so easy! I had no idea where to look (didn't know it was a "lithograph," didn't know Alex ross had his own online store - although I SHOULD have known that one)!

Thanks again, LL!

congrats !!! and getting the print, you'll have to post a photo of you with it, when it arrives ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Yeah, it's gonna be 4-6 weeks before it arrives, and then I have to get it framed, but I'll post a pic eventually. Not that anyone would be interested in seeing it, but I'll have to share my giddiness with *someone,* and who better than the members of Legion World!

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought mine shortly after they became available. The gallery guy at my Warner Bros. store was a Legion fan, so he would keep me up to date on Legion stuff -- though that turned out to be the only thing before his store closed.

I tried to get #247 of the edition, but he couldn't swing it for me.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

I ordered this friggin' print SIX WEEKS ago and it still hasn't been shipped! [Mad]

--------------------

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
I ordered this friggin' print SIX WEEKS ago and it still hasn't been shipped! [Mad]

hey !!

hang in there, i'm sure you'll have it soon !!

and the wait, will be worth it, because it is TRULY a great item, to have !!!

Matthew.

[ August 28, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Well?

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

do you have it yet !!??

if not ..... here's a more up to date photo of mine !!!

just to remind you what it looks like [Razz] ....

-

Matthew.

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Aaaah, thank you, Ultra-Matthew, for reminding me why I am happy to wait for this... of course, I guess mine won't come with one of *you* standing in front of it, so I hope I'm not too disappointed. [Wink]

And, no, guys, it still hasn't been shipped. I emailed the place I'm buyin' it from and they said it's ordered from a different distributor, blah blah blah, and there's nothing they can do to speed it up. I'm kinda at their mercy...

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.