Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion SPOILERS in Justice Society #2 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion SPOILERS in Justice Society #2
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Haven't read this issue yet. But seeing the original Thom Kallor is much more emotional than I expected it to be. Thom and Garth were the original hard-luck heroes, weren't they? And now things have gotten so bad for Thom he's living in the loony bin, having escaped from the apocalypse of Kingdom Come. I wait with no small trepidation to see how/if this affects the current Legion. Does anyone know if Johns and Waid discuss this stuff with each other?

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I've scoured through KC, and I couldn't find an image that matches it. I suspect it's not a reprint, but an original based on KC.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
That's definitely Lamont Cranston in the lower right, The Shadow. He did make a cameo in Kingdom Come, a panel that, IIRC, featured some other detectives like Sherlock Holmes.
Actually, that's Vigilante, see the gun arm and red bandana? Also aside from those already mentioned I see: Von Bach (large lower-left), Braniac's Daughter (small lower right), 666 (large right-side) and maybe Menagerie/Beast Boy (between Starman's legs). Also, that might be Man-Bat being blasted by Nightstar (not too sure on that one but he has wings). The rest is too muddy to discern.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I just had a thought: Dawny is really perfect for this arc, and hats off to Johns. Who better to find Thom (if she were looking for him,) even across dimensions and times, than she?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
So, the Nazi Villain team in JSoA #2...is that the "first" appearance of Von Bach?
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Uranus Lad:
quote:
That's definitely Lamont Cranston in the lower right, The Shadow. He did make a cameo in Kingdom Come, a panel that, IIRC, featured some other detectives like Sherlock Holmes.
Actually, that's Vigilante, see the gun arm and red bandana? Also aside from those already mentioned I see: Von Bach (large lower-left), Braniac's Daughter (small lower right), 666 (large right-side) and maybe Menagerie/Beast Boy (between Starman's legs). Also, that might be Man-Bat being blasted by Nightstar (not too sure on that one but he has wings). The rest is too muddy to discern.
Actually, The Shadow wore a red bandanna across his face that showed his nose while Vigilante always had his nose covered. That's why I thought it was The Shadow and not Vigilante. I can't recall ever seeing him (the Vigilante) with his nose showing.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
Does anyone know if Johns and Waid discuss this stuff with each other?

Not sure.

Alex Ross has been consulting on this series, though, and will be drawing more KC stuff in later issues, I believe.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
remember kids that Kingdom Come's Earth had a Legion in it's future too with Superboy and Supergirl from the 20th century retreating to it. Starboy was there in the purple uniform that appeared in during zero hour so its not "our" thom from the levtiz years and b4...but that starboy from that future at least that's the way it makes more sense...cause our thom got absorbed into one with his younger self in the LSH 62 and disappeared into the time stream.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
FYI this version of thom is what got me into Muscle Bears as an adult GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

--------------------

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
remember kids that Kingdom Come's Earth had a Legion in it's future too with Superboy and Supergirl from the 20th century retreating to it. Starboy was there in the purple uniform that appeared in during zero hour so its not "our" thom from the levtiz years and b4...but that starboy from that future at least that's the way it makes more sense...cause our thom got absorbed into one with his younger self in the LSH 62 and disappeared into the time stream.

you know, I really like this current legion. and I am looking forward to the showcase presents volumes. but every time one of you long time fans start talking about the time-trapper universe that crossed into zero hour, that was was rebooted five years later and a day, my head hurts. [Smile]

I have to give you all kudos for loyalty, if this legion gets rebooted or time streamed or something, I will just drop it.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

lol im not talking about the post crisis legion. only a mention of it to say that this isnt "our" thom we knew and loved. just the one of the Kingdom Come one.

--------------------

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
But Alex Ross has said more or less that this is the Levitz version.

I think he's aged a bit, been plucked and stranded in the Kingdom Come timeline where he spent a few years. When he was caught in the nuclear strike at the end of that miniseries he used his powers to warp reality to send him here.

By the way this isn't the first appearance of KC Starman in the main DCU. The last issue of Starman revealed that the post-zero hour Thom Kallor could also be the KC Star Man who goes by the name Danny Blaine.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:

But the JSA Thom remebers Kenz Huhor, the 10-9 vote, Color Kid, and other things that Reboot Thom wouldn't.

Preboot Thom merged and vainished in v4#62, true... but what if JSA Thom is an earlier version of this Thom? Before End of an Era (well before, as he lacks 5YL Thom's paunch and receding hairline)?

If it is indeed pre-boot Thom, why would he have to have come from End of an Era... why not before? Waaaay before? (Before Dawnstar lost her wings, too)

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Related to this, from a Legion point of view, is this Newsarama thread. It's a little spoilerlicious, but technically it's DC spoiling itself, so that's okay. If it's true, it's of tremendous importance.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW-- this news (in the link) is colossal! BIG, man!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.