Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » DC Focus and the Wanderers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: DC Focus and the Wanderers
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[Re-Animage] [Quantum Queen] [Dartalon] [Elvar] [Aviax] [Psyche]

Wanderer goodness... [Drool]

THANK YOU NIGHTCRAWLER!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice NC!

I wouldn't mind a Wanderer joining the Legion. Right now since the Legion needs some diversity I gotta say Dartalon.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
[Celebrand]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
Are Dartalg and Immorto more than "just friends"?

-

Just something I noticed as I was using that pic as reference for some sketches.

S

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero
Ad Astra-the comic strip- The stars are ours.

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that pic of them....they just look so...so...happy. I mean if the girls weren't there I'd call them the Cosmic Village People. doh!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
And it's not just the grins, the hidden hands and that thing with Dartalg's left leg somehow BEHIND Immorto's, while his torso is clearly in front, that takes effort.

This is almost as bad as Dave Hoover's tortured posing in the Who's Who pic of the "new" Wanderers. I think his Immorto has one leg longer than the other, and twisted from some childhood disease or something. No way would a healthy, normal guy stand like that. [Razz]

S

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah! whats with that Gammy Leg? It frightens me
*shudder*

--------------------
And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

In this pic, I choose to interpret it that Dartalon and Reanimage are both the victims of nearly crippling skeleto-muscular disorders. I picture them shambling along like the Ring Wraiths in Ralph Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings", possibly without the hissing and groaning. I never much cared for the Porcupine Pete version of "Dartalon/Dartalg".

-

As an artist, I can't see any good reason why Hoover chose these tortured poses. I think part of the problem is an artistic weakness, he never learned the use and value of foreshortening. I'm surprised the editors let it slip thru without a trip to the art dept for correction. There's "dramatic posing" and "twisted beyond human endurance and overbalanced posing" and this ain't the former.
S

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm no fan of Hoover's art, but it seems obvious to me he's trying to do a Steve Ditko leg treatment. and failing.
why anyone thought this revamp of the Wanderer's was a good idea is beyond me.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Funny thing is, as uninspiring as Dave Hoover's interior art was, the covers for the first 6-8 issues, some by Ken Steacy and others by Steve Lightle, are uniformly excellent.

Does anyone know where to find those covers on line?
I'm sorry if I missed a reference to a site for them.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shady I'm trying to track down the covers online. I'll post 'em here as I find them. Here's # 1, which is quite pretty (the covers were all good in general):

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

-
lil'rhino

-
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.