Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » In the Spotlight Next... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In the Spotlight Next...
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah! Thanks EDE. I don't remember ever seeing his "real name" except in the stories where Jacque Foccart was President of Earth and Troy was Vice Prez.
That was COOL!!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
"Scramble eggs in their shell"? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] LOL

Yes, the cartoon has really been a dream come true. There's not even one episode I haven't loved, so I'm sure the creators of the cartoon will think of something brilliant if/when they decide to bring Troy Stewart back.

Thank you for the welcome, Yellow Kid. Actually, I registered about a year ago and posted a little, but didn't really have the time to actually participate in this incredible forum till now.

While Sun Boy's, Element Lad's and Tyroc's powers would be perfect for the visual medium, -Tyroc could even become more popular than ever - I wonder how Dream Girl would be handled. I think if Nura were featured in an episode it'd be a really strange, wonderful, science-fiction-y one.

[ March 13, 2007, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Tyroc was my vote, although my first two choices would be to see a little more of the already introduced Legionnaires. We've only gotten a small taste of M-E Lad, Star Boy, and Ultra Boy. Let's see a little more of them this season, as well as Cosmic Boy and Ferro Lad and Colossal Boy, then see Dream Girl and Wildfire and Element Lad and the others 'til now just shown on the monitors introduced in the second and third seasons.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Last day of the poll!

Won't somebody give poor Blok a pity vote? I can't stand that 'O%' by his name!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
violet baby!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
i want you to know i voted before I knew that Blok didn't have any votes. This wasn't a pity vote, blok is one of my all time favorite legionnares.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad you got your vote in, L.A.D. I like Blok, too.

Here are the final results of the poll, in order of placement (#of votes in parenthesis):

Element Lad 30% (11)
Dream Girl 27% (10)
Sun Boy 14% (5)
Shrinking Violet 14% (5)
Tyroc 14% (5)
Blok 3% (1)

This is only a guess, but I wonder if the fact that Blok's powers are pretty straightforward (big, strong, unmoveable guy) could account for his lower number of votes? Perhaps there's some curiosity about how the other listed Legionnaire's powers will be depicted in animation.

Maybe his 'communicates with sentient silicon-based life' ability will come in handy... or maybe the animated creators will expand on that facet of Blok.

Have the names Dream Girl and Shrinking Violet been voiced on air yet? I know they've both had cameos, but I don't recall their heroic names being uttered. I know E-Lad, Sun Boy, Tyroc and Blok have actually been said.

Thanks for voting, everyone!

Any suggestions for another cartoon forum poll?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
By the way I voted and posted in this thread you'd think I was a major Tyroc fan but in reality I cared very little for him in the book (all those years ago).
I'm extremely excited about the cartoon and want to hear what they all sound like. I'd LOVE to hear Blok's voice and see what they have planned to do with the his "lesser power".

I just can't believe that I'm looking forward to Troy Stewart's appearance...but I am!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for Tyroc but that's because I LOVE him in all his elf boots and chains glory! And I agree with others that the animated medium is the perfect place to see him shine.

Blok would've been my second choice as he's a big fave of mine too. I can't wait to see a few more alien looking Legionnaires like him and most especially Gates!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.