Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Stuff from the press kit (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stuff from the press kit
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe in the 5 year gap???

Otherwise, not that I know of.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking he was in the circus before he met the Legion, but maybe I'm misremembering.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Eryk, I believe you're thinking of the two-parter when the Legion had to go undercover at a space circus. Timber Wolf was doing an acrobatic act on anti-grav bars, for his cover.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, what I was thinking of was the fact that he first appears stopping a stampede of camelephants at a circus. Apparently, he was just in attendance rather than a member of the circus, however.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are the hi-res scans of the two photos.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
A smart, ultra-disciplined telepath who spends way too much time in her head, Saturn Girl is not used to letting her guard down, and that can sometimes make it hard for her to have fun. While she's adept at reading the thoughts and emotions of others, she's oblivious to the inner workings of her own heart. Although it's painfully obvious to the rest of the Legion that her constant verbal sparring with Lightning Lad is a sign of thinly disguised mutual attraction, neither are fully self-aware enough to know their own true feelings.

Like Superman, Saturn Girl spent much of her childhood concealing her gifts. Although the Legion has become her adopted home, her fellow Legionnaires tend to be guarded around her or to avoid her altogether to protect their psychic privacy. She responds to them with earnest attempts at self-restraint but often comes off as cool or disinterested to her teammates.

This description of Saturn Girl (from the press-kit descriptions at the start of the thread) leaves out, or even comes close to contradicting, one feature of hers that I don't remember (that much) from the comic books: the animated Imra is more compassionate and empathetic than any other version of her I've ever seen.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks (again) Seymour!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not to steal Seymour's thunder but I got my kit today and there is a bit more info to be found by rooting around. Since some of this concerns definite spoilers I'll "hide" it from those who don't want to know.

Other Legion VillainsThe Legion of Super Heroes will encounter many more evil villains throughout their battle to defend all free worlds. Several of these villains include Alexis, Drax, Zyx, Starfinger and The Controller, as well as Lightning Lad's older brother Mekt (aka Lightning Lord), who is the leader of the Legion of Super Villains.

Even More Villain InfoTHE LEGION OF SUPER VILLAINS: Led by Lightning Lad's adult brother Mekt (aka Lightning Lord), the members of this group of superpowered terrorists consider themselves freedom fighters. In addition to Lightning Lord, their membership includes Tyr, a merciless warlord with a symbiotic gunhand; Hunter, who, as his name implies, rarely lets his prey escape him; Esper Lass, who has illusion-casting and mind-control powers; Ron-Karr, a dangerous shape-shifter; and Wave, an acrobatic menace with whiplike hair.

MORDRU: Mordru is a sorcerer who may be the most powerful practitioner of black magic the universe has ever known. He can use his magicks to bend any force in the universe to his will and can perform feats ranging from changing his shape to vaporizing matter.

THE TIME TRAPPER: The guardian of the time stream and a living embodiment of time itself, the mysterious Time Trapper appears in the 31st century to forcibly return Superman to the 21st century before his presence in the future can adversely affect the past.

UNIVERSO: An accomplished historian and archaeologist, Professor Vidar discovers a long-buried Green Lantern ring and power battery. This driven, ambitious man uses the enormous power at his disposal to transform himself into the despotic warlord Universo.

There are also a number of potential future Legionnaires who first appear as adversaries, among them MON-EL, CHAMELEON BOY and THE WHITE WITCH.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be interested in how they handle the adversaries. This could be fun

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.