Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, granted they had to include Saturn Girl if they're only going with 7 members, but when they were choosing another girl why did it have to be lame-ass Phantom Girl? Blecch. Any of the other girls would be preferrable IMHO.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you never know Jim. I never cared for Raven in the Titans comics, but the surly 'toon version was pretty funny. I'm just going to try to enjoy it for what it is.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The TW look seems to be influenced by a) the Legion on the Run version and b) the Olivier Coipel version, probably the two worst designs the character has ever had, imo.

None of them really jumps out as all that great. Nonetheless... I'm excited. I do hope there's plenty of cast rotation, however.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
They cut Bouncing Boy off! [Bouncing Boy]

It's a Kitson Konspiracy!!! [Mad] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Could have been a LOT worse (see: WB's "Viewtiful Joe"). As the father of a 3-year old, I see a lot of animation these days. These characters seem in keeping with prevailing styles. It would have been cool if the Legion were more trend-setting, as Timm's Batman was, but ce la vie. The folks working on this have a great track record. I am delighted to take a wait and see attitude.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Yuck! It's pretty much what I feared. Oh, well.

I wish I was as optimistic as you guys but I can see this series getting lost in the rest of the cartoons that all look exactly like this. If I wasn't a comics fan, I'd say "why'd they change all of the Teen Titans looks?"

Like doublechinner says they had a perfect opportunity to come up with something new to animation, but went with the tired, old stereotypical modern day 'toon.

[ May 02, 2006, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't help but smile when I look at that picture. Maybe it's not how I would have everyone & thing, but its the legion on TV! Gleee!

I wonder how the fatal five will look & who the next villain in line will be.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I amnotafan of this style and could not watch the awful Titans cartoon, but if the stories are good I can forgive the funny art.

And as APB says, Good god! This is the LEGION on TV. How long have we waited for this.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wesley Crusher as Cosmic Boy. Wil Wheaton got the recurring role as Rokk.

Hmm, an oft-hated Star Trek character playing an oft-hated Legionnaire. Wonder if I should point out the Cosmic Boy Death League to him? [Wink]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, it reminds me more of The Clone Wars series....which all told were better than the movies...

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... Invisible Kid is actually the Legionnaire whose always reminded me of Wesley Crusher, especially the post-Zero Hour version.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I will have to see how the characters look in motion. As long as the series isn't overly cutesy, I can be a little tolerant of the art [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Wil Wheaton as Cosmic Boy. That's just about too perfect really. It's nice for him though. He's sort of emerged from the irritating shadow of Wesley to seeming like a likeable guy that's scraping a living on the margins of the entertainment biz.

Anyway, like Far says, it's the LEGION ON TV! I wouldn't care if it was stop motion animated with Precious Moments figurines really.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree -- Legion on TV! As long as it is not TOTAL crap, then woo-hoo!

My son loves the Teen Titans show, and I confess I love it too. While it would be fun for an older crowd to have a show more in tune with the Wolfman/Perez Titans, there really AREN'T shows like that. We are too small an audience. Having said that, I think the TT show hit almost all of the high points of the Titans for the last 25 years, in their own way. And the characters are well-done, and just damn funny. My son LOVES Raven, and I agree that her animated self is much more interesting and fun than the comics version. The anime-cutesy was overdone at first, but by the end they really had a nice balance of that stuff. The show was clearly done with great love for the source material. I think Legion will turn out the same.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

FYI, I think Will Wheaton voiced Aqualad on Teen Titans. His work fit in really great with the other voice actors, and I never once thought, "why does Aqualad sound like Wesley Crusher?"

--------------------

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.