Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
(I wouldn't worry about it too much, Supesjr... DCCP is pretty much destroying BaB here...)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Okay, so let's call that one, DCCP wins!

NOW... DREAM GIRL-centric FACE-OFF (From THE LEGION):

-

vs.

-

vs.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion #35...I can't resist the blue [Devil]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta go with #38, Dreamy ready to kick ass while her teammates stand around kind of confused!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion #35. Nothing like Adam Hughes' cheesecake!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Love the Hughes one also, but I've always been weirdly attracted to Nowlan's cover for 38.

38 it is.

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
#22 for me - Maybe I was getting bored with Hughes by the time #35 came out. It just kind of falls flat. Nura's too skinny on #38.

She's more full figured on #22. The cover has a unique feel, and the blue finger nail polish is a nice touch.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't sleep but am glad I found this! 22 for me, I just like the way it looks...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Dreamy's costume was kind of terrible in the DnA Legion, eh..? No shiny bits at ALL! And a big honkin' boob window. Blahh.

None of the above really gather my interest that much...normally I love me some Hughes, but as Jerry pointed out, that one kinda falls a bit flat.

I'll go with #22....the overall design elements make it look more like a sci-fi story than a superhero comic (even though I don't think that pose/camera angle is very flattering AT ALL, she looks like she's just had a stroke!)

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely not #22 for me. I couldn't stand those Harris and whoever strange cartoon-stills covers they did. And when they did interior art it was even worse. Some of the worst art I've ever seen in a comic book IMO.

The other two don't do much for me either. Maybe because I know the story underneath them was so boring.

I'll go with #35. Dreamy's costume and hair looks slightly better there than on the other one.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
35. hughes!! it almost looks like acuna from uncle sam and the freedom fighters drew it.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I always love Hughes, but I hate the continual 'cheesecake' stuff.

Batista is one of my favorite Legion artists, I'm afraid.
And while Dreamy's outfit is just white, I love the belt, armbands and shoulder pieces.
The boob window gets bigger or smaller, by the artist.
This uniform represents a Nura who is a general and warrior, my favorite version of her, even if the stories weren't exactly perfect.

I love Nolan and I really enjoy the expressions.
The hips are a little smallish but I can live with that.

Even though the angle is strange in #22, I'll go with that one.
I can't resist the blue fingernails either!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with the 2nd one, even though the story sucked hard. Dreamy's head is too small in the top one and too big in the bottom one. The middle one is "just right" as Goldilocks would say.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
count me as the one who like the #2 as well. Adam Hughes....(funny thing you did not include Legionnaire cover - the one with Star Boy and Bouncing Boy...). [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to say none. Like razsolo said "Blah!"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.