Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
ADV 300

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another toughie-- but I'm going to pick #41, *despite* the presence of Catspaw. I like the movement within the images and particularly like the images of Sun Boy and Cosmic Boy. It's not an *exact* homage to the ADVENTURE cover, since it features figures mostly from the waist up, rather than full-body images.

Between the two most similar covers, I'd still pick the 'homage' of 301, due to the inclusion of Jan and Shady and especially lil' leaning Vi. Cham as the main figure instead of Supes is a plus, as is Gim shrinking down from his giant-form? That's my interpretation, anyway.

All the covers make me want to know what each character is up to... why they're separate and what the common thread is.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
argggggh! Lash you are breaking my heart!

I love them all. (be careful what you wish for people, very careful, i partly my request)

41 is HOT. it's like the glossy sexy future version of the other two. (which it is quite literally maybe)

and 300 is the Original. and snazzy as well.

sigh. sigh. sigh.

i will close my eyes and type in: 301 the Giffen.

It was my first ever Legion comic! awwwwww

[Smile]

(and one of my first comics)

Thanks Lash!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL TALLY!

This ended up being really close...

ADV 300... 10 votes (I agree of the 3 it would make the best t-shirt!)

LSH 301... 9 votes

LSH (5YL) 41... 4 votes

Congrats Curt Swan! Now, a sort of 'filler' Face-off while I'm checking on particular covers for another request...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Vs.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
80, all the way. Girls as victims is so last millenium, and what's with the funky axe-blades on the side of the villain's head? No wonder he can't see Batman behind him, his stupid headgear blocks his peripheral vision!

[Edna Mode] No Capes! [/Edna Mode]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Despite the Super-panel-hogging being even worse than usual [sheesh, he's even on the BB cover in a blurb!], I've got to go with DCP. It's just got a better composition.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The second one, because Tinya looks fantastic there, nice starfield, and no clunky computers.

The villain's boots on the first cover were interesting.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, the first cover is silly and offensive to women.

The second is Supes heavy (understatement!) and silly.
Vi shows us way skirts are a bad idea for people who fly, too.
But Tinya is cute and so are Jan and Jo!

I vote for the second cover, #80.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for the second cover as well...it features less silly axe-helmets, less damsels in distress, and presents a more intriguing story hook in general. Plus, I really like the way Tinya and Vi's loose-fitting clothes have been portrayed.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for the 2nd one which I'm amazed to say I don't think I've ever seen before.

The artwork and composition are just so much better and no Cosmic Boy in a bustier is an added plus. The only good thing I can say about the first one is that it was Duo Damsel's first cover appearance in a long time.

Both covers are way too blurb heavy.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
DC Comics Presents #80 for me. Pretty much for the reasons already given.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
The Brave and the Bold cover reminds me of the Dagon/Tryoc cover that we voted on a few rounds ago.

I'm gonna vote for it anyway because it has Cosmic Boy in the lovely black costume that everyone loves so much. Violet and DD are also looking pretty good there.

Surprisingly, Violet is the only one on both covers. And even better, no IMRA on either. I'm shocked.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for the DCCP cover. It's not a favorite of mine, but as FC says, Tinya looks great. The Brave and Bold cover is just all around bad.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.