Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 135)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  132  133  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Though I was not a fan of the threeboot (and this cover was a repeat of the Brainy cover on # 1 or so), LSH # 7 stands out. The red borders focus attention on Cos's serious expression, creating an ominous atmosphere, while the glows on Cos's ring and Sun Boy and Star Boy's costumes provide an interesting motif of light (light against the danger, perhaps?).

Never read the issue, but the cover of # 7 gets my vote.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I was only yanking your chain (though seriously, it is the best cover).

I'll go with #1 of the mini.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Lightle
From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Kitson
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Which one are you attracted to?

Original
Click for fullsize image

Reboot
Click for fullsize image

Threeboot
Click for fullsize image

Retroboot
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Kitson

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I am surprised there haven't been more votes for the Davis one...I am voting for that. The LO3W covers were all really boring IMO, the Kitson one I don't care for because it's just another variation of the same one that was used a few times in that series, and while I like the fact that Cos is actually doing something in the Lightle cover, I just prefer Davis' art.

I also like the Davis one because it's one of the rare images which shows the cost of being a Legionnaire (having said that, poor James was the only one of those statues to stay dead, lol...comics [Razz] )

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pulsar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pulsar   Email Pulsar         Edit/Delete Post     
Kitson
From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
AD, no contest!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Lightle
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
This'll go till tomorrow...then a new one in a new thread.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
LOSH #72, that's an eye catching cover. conveys a lot of emotion which most comic covers don't do, makes you want to check out the interior

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lightle

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
And Cos wins...

Cosmic Boy 1 = 14

Legion Reboot = 6

Threeboot = 10

Lo3W = 2

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! Kitson's better than Lightle!

[lesterspiffany]You're stupid, all of you! STUPID!! STUPID!![\lesterspiffany]

[Smile]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  132  133  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.