Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 133)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I really like 305 and 58. 34 is your typical "hero goes berserk" cover, which is unoriginal (even if its uncharacteristic of Vi to be the one going berserk). 14 is clever . . . but creepy. (I can't even stand to wear contact lenses!)

I'll go with 58 because Vi is actually doing something (as opposed to lying down, defeated). Her facial expression is a bit over the top, but the perspective and colors make up for it.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Blacula, re: 58-- the whole thing is over the top for me; I particularly never cared for Ayla's half-face looming over the scene-- for me, it did not look quite big enough.. perhaps if it had been only her eyes and a strand of hair instead of half her face, the perspective would have worked better for me.

By that reasoning, the # 14 perspective DOES work for me.

But I'll stand by my vote for 34. It's Vi kicking ass (well, punching face)... I like that [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Vote before she shrinks away to nothing!

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

I actually dislike #58.
The other 3 are all interesting to me and I like them.
My favorite Vi is a tie between the reboot one the Primeboot Vi.

With the reflections and Vi as using her power with attitude, I choose that one.
Kitson's #14.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
305- though 14 is close.

I don't think I've read my favorite version of Vi yet.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I might be off by one, but the count is pretty heavy anywho.

305 - 15

58 - 2

34 = 3

14 - 11

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Which one are you attracted to?

Original
Click for fullsize image

Reboot
Click for fullsize image

Threeboot
Click for fullsize image

Retroboot
Click for fullsize image

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
omg so many good ones, except .... ze reboot.

FINAL CRISIS. for me.

then the Original, threeboot ..... etc. etc.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm doing a write-in vote for V.2 #297.

[Cosmic Boy - Re-Imagined]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
I'm doing a write-in vote for V.2 #297.

[Cosmic Boy - Re-Imagined]

That one will be in a follow up one to this. Just like there are more Vi covers...
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with Kitson's Threeboot.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with LO3W, even though the upc and trademark placements are, to say the least, unfortunate.

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll vote for Legends, but it was close. I like #7 also.
From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with the Original. It is the only one showing him using his power. Technically, the Retrobbot has him using his power but without any metal around it is just circles around his hands.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.