Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 127)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for Secret Origins, too. Though I don't have Blacula's way with a phrase. I like the quirky layout and how it manages to look vintage and modern at the same time.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
DC Comics Presents for me.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
A Four way race...

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Secret Origins is the only one that doesn't treat the Subs as comic losers, but it doesn't have Stone Boy and the rest aren't really well displayed. The Special has Infectious Lass, but this is where I start not liking Giffen's art. The Brave & The Bold is good, but the share the cover with the Inferior Five. The DC Comics Presents cover is missing Night Girl.

Hmm it is between Brave & Bold and DC Comic Presents.

Brave & Bold gets my vote

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
DC Comics Presents.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Though it is fun, the Secret Origins cover is misleading. Had I bought that issue looking for a Dr. Light/Subs fight as well as their origin, I would've been pissed.

Everyone standing around on the B&B cover, which fits because that's pretty much all they did in the story (it was a charming story, don't get it twisted).

The DCCP cover is cute, but the Subs Special has a funny sight gag and a miscolored Infectious Lass.

Even miscolored, Drura trumps.

SUBS SPECIAL

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Origins
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
DC Comics Presents for me too.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Subs Special
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
DCCP. Classic. I would have been better to have Ambush Bug on the cover too, but still great.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
special

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
DCCP. The humor works better for me than the effect of any of the other covers.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll vote Secret Origens as it doesn't treat the subs as comedic relief. Dr Light looks good even if the subs don't takehim on.

[ September 13, 2010, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: lychanthrope ]

From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Brave & the Bold.

DC Comics Presents also has good artwork, but I can't bring myself to vote for a Subs cover that doesn't have Lydda on it!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This one is TOUGH!!

I vote the special,

followed closely by

DC presents.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.