Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 123)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll take 335 in this face-off. Another in a series of exellent do-overs for the Baxter reprints, this time by the great Jerry Ordway.

317 isn't bad, but I'm not crazy about the faces. They're kind of homogenized and inconsistent with how Jacques is usually depicted and with how distinctive Drake looked on the cover of 298, the issue to which 317 is a sequel. I recall being disappointed in 317's interiors by the same artist, IIRC. (The cover's unsigned as far as I can tell. Who was it...Jurgens? If so, he REALLY got better later on!)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
not wild about either.... I'll pick 335.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Was looking for some good Jacques covers, and happened on two with him and Wildfir...

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
I recall being disappointed in 317's interiors by the same artist, IIRC. (The cover's unsigned as far as I can tell. Who was it...Jurgens? If so, he REALLY got better later on!)

According to GCD it's

Terry Shoemaker and Karl Kesel

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq Quislet, Esq has just turned 55
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't decide. So I abstain.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with the first one.

Both of them are nice. I just like the way the first one draws you into the center of the image better.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
I recall being disappointed in 317's interiors by the same artist, IIRC. (The cover's unsigned as far as I can tell. Who was it...Jurgens? If so, he REALLY got better later on!)

According to GCD it's

Terry Shoemaker and Karl Kesel

Oh, right. Never was too thrilled with his stuff. [shrug]

--------------------

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
335 for me, but it was close.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
#335.
Jaques looks incredible, as does Wildfire, and that's who this faceoff is about.
(I SO love that yellow outfit on him that the blue jacket covering him up in the other cover annoys me.)

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
#317. Jacques seems more pro-active (even if it is at running away) than he is on the other one where he's just floating there. (Love the Ordway though - has he done any other work with the Legion? Other than the recent Superman/Batman. I'd love to see him do more.)
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.