Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 122)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
Opps! It was the Giffen cover that I could not see. I like the Lee cover.

[ September 07, 2010, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: lychanthrope ]

From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Giffen

v4 cover looks determined

v6 cover looks like he is trying to decide what to have for lunch

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Feeling lazy right now.

Here's an easy one to do...Giffen vs. Lee...

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

for the new page
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Giffen, esp. this cover, but I gotta go with

Lee

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Lee

To me that looks more like Mon than the Giffen one. To me Mon has this incredible quiet strength that is best portrayed when he isn't looking like a "grumpy old man" (sorry, that description made me laugh). Mon doesn't need to look angry to convey you are about to get a beat down, the simple fact that you are doing evil in his presence means you're getting a beat down.

And yeah, coloring on the Giffen one is pretty bad.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Though Lee's cover is stunningly beautiful (one of the best pieces Lee's ever drawn IMO) and I'm SO glad I won it, I have to agree about the determination Giffen gives Mon in the original.Lee's version brings out his nobility; Giffen's shows he's ready for a scrap. If Lee's homage had brought that quality out more, I may have given it to Lee for the sheer beauty.

But as it is, I'll give Giffen the edge because of what the image represents to the contents of the original issue. (For he record, Giffen's is beautiful, too!)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Lee's version. This was difficult.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing difficult about this one.
Giffen!!

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Giffen!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Lee

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Very, very tough call, as both versions are excellent.

But I'm giving it to Giffen, as the original concept is his.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
Giffen

v4 cover looks determined

v6 cover looks like he is trying to decide what to have for lunch

LOL ... you always make me laugh! [LOL]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Wowzers. I think I made my choice known a long time ago when this was first shown... I love Giffen.

The actual vote is...

Giffen = 14

Lee = 12

Giffen edges out Lee. It was a close race all the way through.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Was looking for some good Jacques covers, and happened on two with him and Wildfir...

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
#317 - It's less crowded, tells more of a story, and gives us the mystery of why is there a person in Wildfire's containment suit? Worth picking up to find out. Drake as a person is kind of handsome. Jacques' blue jacket is a nice touch.

[ September 08, 2010, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.