Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Giffen is doing LSH Annual!!! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Giffen is doing LSH Annual!!!
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
It would be interesting to read the original script that Paul had written. This is all assuming that our theories about him changing the annual's story due to Monel winning the election, and that's why its release date is being pushed back.
I think that original script should be saved as a collection piece or something.
At the very least it should come out as an "alternate reality" story sometime down the road.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Posted by Giffen on the DC Comics message boards:
quote:

Okay...

My bad here gang... kinda.

My retina decided to detach midway through the job and what with going blind in one eye and optic surgery and what-all... well, do the math.

Just wanted to get it out there because I don't want anyone thinking anyone involved in the book's not pulling for all they're worth.

I guess filing it under s**t happens might seem a bit cavalier but... s**t does indeed happen.

I've been waiting for more than twenty years for the opportunity to return to the 30th century with Paul and I think it's to DC's credit that they were willing to wait a few weeks so I could get it done up right.

Oh, and yes,the 30th century's still just as much fun as I thought it would be.

K-

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I feel for the guy now, going through that sort of surgery.
I for one am willing to wait until Keith is his 100% before expecting and waiting for something this special and worrying that it's going to come out a few weeks late.
That, plus one's health must always come first.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. A minor delay is all right with me, regardless of circumstance. And eye surgery is nothing to take lightly.

It was nice of him to let the fans know what was up, though.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
More delays. My comic book guy says the Annual will NOT be out next week. His info is that it's been pushed back another TWO WEEKS...to February 2nd. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse.....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Crapballs. Retinal detachment surgery is unpleasant at best. Recovery can range from excellent to none.

I'm concerned for him!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
It may not be about Giffen's physical recovery this time. Maybe it's another case of the election results requiring that part of a story be reworked. (Getting back to fk's comment above.)

[shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Gads, I'm itching for this to come out already!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully, it's still shipping next week.

:pray:

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

I checked with Diamond and yes it is scheduled for next Wednesday as planned. Thank goodness! [Smile]

I haven't been this excited for a Legion annual to come out since 1988 ... when my letter was published in the letter column of LSH Annual #4.
[Wink]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yep, my comic book guy confirmed, as well. YAY!

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm quite willing to be patient. I'd rather see Keith recovered and up to snuff than worry about when it comes out.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'm quite willing to be patient. I'd rather see Keith recovered and up to snuff than worry about when it comes out.

Dude--Kent--it's coming out NEXT WEEK (actually, only four days, now!!) already! Dig? [Smile]

--------------------

lil'rhino

Yay!! So Feb. 2nd we get the Annual and the first Jimenez Legion Academy issue!!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, that is exciting. Legion Academy sounds awesome, and the Annual, focused on some Legion ladies who've gotten insufficient play in the main book, could rock.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.