Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Bring on the Silver Age covers!

Oh I plan to! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FIRST TALLY...

LSH 4... 6 votes

LSH 38.. 1 vote

I admit I'm surprised. I thought 38 would take this easily.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I did too! I figured I was voting for another loser!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooooooh... wow! Much better covers to choose from this time. These two are both *excellent* IMO.

But, as majestic as #38 is, #4 easily wins this one for me. Not only one of my favourite Legion covers of all time, it's one of my favourite anything covers of all time.

The long shadow, the limp arm, the torn costume, the dripping blood, the broken symbol... you know things aren't going to turn out well for poor Val here. Fantastic piece of work! They both are.

RIP [Karate Kid]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
#4 for me as well. Man, I miss KK. The reboot version should have changed universes with Xs and Gates...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
#4 and I will tell you why.

This was the first Baxter Issue I was able to get. And it ended so dramatically! But that cover just BLEW ME AWAY. I had been getting a little leery of Giffen's art by this time, but that cover restored my faith in him (although he never really turned it around).

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Number 4 for me. It just sums up the issue

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
#4 - This is a true work of art with the muted colors, the shadows, the limp hand and dripping blood. It's chilling and subtle. It's the antithesis of the in your face violent death scenes that have become so common in recent years.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
#38...Karate Kid should have never died.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

Are you suggesting Superboy should've?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's difficult because they're both pretty strong in different ways. 38 is the one I keep looking at most though, so that's the one I'll vote for.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
#38 for me.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

Are you suggesting Superboy should've?
Yes. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
when I see the cover, if I feel something emotion and in shock and awe, #4 hit me more than #38...I was in shock and said "OMG, Karate Kid?...." while #38 was making me feel sad and accepted the notion that they are really killing Superboy off.

I chose #4.

thanks, ML! [Wink]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate Karate Kid's death on the one hand.

And yet I respect it as one of the few comic book deaths to have real meaning and importance to the story, as well as lasting repercussions, leading to a radical change in Projectra's character and role. (Only to be cheapened ridiculously by the inexplicable decision to bring him back in Lightning Saga and then kill him off again. Grr.)

Superboy was just written out for editorial reasons, and the story was kludged to fit that lame decision, making it awkward and, IMO, meaningless. (And, years later, it was meaningless, as the retcon of the retcon has been retconned. After the people who sacked the sackers have been sacked, 40,000 whooping llamas will be called in to reshoot the scene at great expense, and probably do a better job of it than DC editorial did with the Superboy nonsense.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.