Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Brainiac.

-

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Boy:
Gotta bring this out from my collection that Steve Lightle did for DC back in 2002!

Here's a thread about that!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
And I just watched my copy of ULTIMATE AVENGERS. Wow!

This is how comic animation should be. It looked as if it jumped out of the pages of a comic. Someone want to explain to me again how kids will only watch the goofy crap? Howsabout doing an animated series based on Swan, Cockrum, Grell, Giffen, Lightle, Moy, Kitson, etc. You know the comics that inspired the cartoon.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's another one by Ben Caldwell from his submissions:

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Cartoon Network released its 2006 lineup today, and, unfortunately, the Legion cartoon isn't on it.

Of course, it's still early and could change, or they could be waiting to have a number of episodes in the can and go for an early 2007 launch.

Or maybe for following November series is just a plant to throw the rabid Legion fans off their track. Maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out how the show description relates to the title:

-- Class of 3000: The half-hour series featuring a group of musically gifted kids at the Westley School for Performing Arts in Atlanta is set to premiere in November. When former student Sunny Bridges returns to regain something he lost on his way to fame, he brings sunshine to the lives of the culturally diverse students. Andre Benjamin will contribute music and his voice talent to the series. Other cast members are Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants, Camp Lazlo), Crystal Scales (Static Shock, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron), Jennifer Hale (Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls), Janice Kawaye (Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi) and Jeff Glen Bennet (Johnny Bravo, Camp Lazlo). The series is produced by the Tom Lynch Co., Andre Benjamin’s production company, Moxie Turtle, and Cartoon Network. Twelve-half hour episodes and a one-hour premiere are being produced at Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank, Calif.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, just googled him. Andre Benjamin is aka Andre 3000. Still never heard of him. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Guess you didn't read close enough Seymour:

The series featuring the Legion of Super-Heroes is headed for Kids' WB!, although it might eventually air on Cartoon Network, like The Batman.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Yay!

I just saw the press release from CN. It didn't mention Kids' WB! I'll have to give my contact at Kids' WB! a call tomorrow to see if I can get any other information from her. I'm surprised I didn't get their release. She's usually pretty good about that.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Lightning Lad
Founder

I found the info on Comics Contiuum and Toonzone. I couldn't find the Kids WB! press release anywhere so maybe it isn't out yet. So if you've got an in with the WB that would be great. But between those two I think that's confirmation enough for me.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

I guess it really pays to attend the upfronts if you're a toon geek. There were whole series reported at Toonzone that weren't even mentioned in the Cartoon Network press release. What is CN's pr dept. thinking?

--------------------
Geek Watch

Infectious Drura
long live the lesions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infectious Drura   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
why must all the designs have such stylized anatomy? I know, I know it's a deliberate stylistic choice. But I find it as fugly as Rob Liefield's abominations (which are not done on purpose). I hate those wasp waists and exaggerated caricature faces.

I want to see a style more like genuine anime and manga in Japan. If you look at that art it has accurate anatomy, the only stylized parts are the eyes noses and mouths. The rest is totally anatomically correct.

Legion cartoon artists! Can we have correct anatomy please? Proper proportions! Women with room for internal organs!

It's like they have noticed the surface form of the anime style but none of the substance. This overly cartoony stuff seems more in the Western comic strip cartoon tradition than anything Eastern. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it was never really to my personal taste.

If the final cartoon is anything like any of these sketches I shall be very disappointed.

I'm not crazy that all the prelim sketches seem to be a throwback to the Chris Sprouse L belt designs that we just finally got rid of after outstaying their welcomes for several years. (they were great back in the day and I loved them but they were beginning to look hideously dated by the end!)

Base em on the Kitson designs I say!

--------------------
Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell! Fire in the disco! Fire in the gates of hell!!

From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
It seems to me that the designs we've been seeing are more influenced by the Incredibles than anything else. Actually the very first ones that Hurikane posted looked like the Legion by Chuck Jones or Hank Ketcham to me. I don't think that the most stylized things we've seen are what we'll end up with. I certainly hope they scrapped the idea from when Steve Lightle worked on a pitch which saw the Legionnaires (and villians) transform into goofy "powered up" versions. I think Lightning Lad turned into a human lightning bolt or something equally dreadful.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Stick with the Timm style. It's worked this long and is practically it's own genre now.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The series featuring the Legion of Super-Heroes is headed for Kids' WB!, although it might eventually air on Cartoon Network, like The Batman
But the really important question is whether YTV is going to pick it up or not.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
This is all I had time for this morning, but...

-

FABOO!!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.