Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 108)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Variations on the same idea without much to distinguish either. I'll go with Baxter because it's cleaner.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Maybe this will be closer...

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Never seen the Tales version before. I'll go with it, because it's new, it has more characters, and it's a bit more misleading, with Energy Boy or whatever front and center.

That very strange looking alien in the bubble (below/behind Power Boy's leg), all slug-like with many eyes, intrigues me.

Both covers have 'Tiger Girl' and the floating fish! Woot!

Both are gorgeous. Lightle rules.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was tempted by the "more characters" factor at first, but then I realized that most of the additional characters are Legionnaires, and there's only about two additional applicants on the Tales cover.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter by a nose. Sensor Girl looks really impressive.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter
From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Baxter by a nose. Sensor Girl looks really impressive.

yeah i did too but, isn't the perspective weird. like she's giant sized as dev-em and comet queen are under her cape. yet she's bigger than them both.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter, easily. Never liked the Tales because it made me think Cham, Mon, Wildfire are re-applying for the Legion or all the applicants are official members of Legion? nah.

Baxter s better.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
At first I was like 'this is a really tough one', but the more I look at them, the Baxter one is definitely better.

Crisper and cleaner as someone else said. I also had never noticed until now that all the background characters on the Tales cover are already Legionnaires - which is a bit boring.

But the main factor that makes the Baxter cover better for me - the blurb!

Who Will Be the 5 New Members of the LSH?

I love covers that give me a mystery! And if I hadn't already known which 5 characters there made it in before I got around to reading that issue I probably would have spent about an hour formulating a guess before I turned the first page.

(For the record, I probably would have guessed - Tiger Girl, Dev Em, Sensor Girl, Comet Queen and Magnetic Kid.)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter, for me.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter. The other is too busy.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter, easily.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Tales.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on the fence with this one because both are really good covers .... but I must finally cast my vote for Tales because, as someone else has said above, there are more characters on the cover.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Baxter
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.