Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers) (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers)
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

Iam Legion wrote:
quote:
...I think he is just out of practice writing these characters well and he has been given a bad situation ('The Lightning Saga' and Lo3W following decades of retconned and rebooted Legion following CoIE plus his own reputation as a genius to live up to) to deal with...

And if you'd just written that in the first place, I don't think you would have raised anyone's eyebrows. Certainly not mine.

I don't even have to believe that Levitz or any other pro is a "genius" to figure that calling a writer/artist's mental state into question here is generally Not A Real Great Idea. Ageism-- on a board where a great many of us aren't exactly spring chickens? Also, Not A Real Great Idea.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
You have got to get over the idea that age and mental state are intrinsically linked. I know a teenager that is fruity as a loon and a woman that is sharper than you or I could ever hope to be at the age of 105. Ageism? That is funny given that I am older than you (based on your post reguarding your age) and probabably older than 90% + people on this board. I never insulted his age, I insulted his WRITING. Granted, my phrasing wasn't great. Maybe I could have put it: 'And from the writing I would guess it comes either from someone terribly out of practice or from the terminally senile rather than from this well known author'? Because I certainly didn't intend it as the 'personal insult' that some of you take it as. Honestly, I don't know him from Adam other than through his writing and I could not care less what kind of idividual he is as long as his writing entertains me.
Basically: I don't know or care enough about him to bother trying to insult him, but the writing better be good or I will complain like nobody's buissness.
Better?

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

Iam Legion wrote:
quote:

You have got to get over the idea that age and mental state are intrinsically linked.

[No]

Kindly do some backtracking, in case you've forgotten which one of us initially used the term "senile."

I'm... gonna' go be over there now, for the forseeable future.

[ October 13, 2010, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[snip]

Iam Legion wrote:
quote:

You have got to get over the idea that age and mental state are intrinsically linked.

[No]

Kindly do some backtracking, in case you've forgotten which one of us initially used the term "senile."

No need to do any backtracking. You are the one that is still erroneously linking Senility to age. Being Senile does not have to mean being of advanced age. Senility can be induced through a number of circumstances including drug usage or physical injury to the brain. Advanced age is not the sole cause of Senility, even though a small number of people become Senile in their advanced age. There was no implied insult to the author or anyone else's AGE in my initial post except what you seem to want to see. And that is the last I plan on saying on Senility because this has just gotten so far off topic that it is ridiculous.
To make this clear: Any personal insult I made to the author on any subject other than his writing was unintentional... The only thing I intend to insult is his awful, un-entertaining WRITING so far on the new series (and in Adventure Comics). Any other insult, implied, inferred or purely imagined by others is purely acidental and I appologize. Let the normally scheduled conversation about the comics resume...

[ October 13, 2010, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
You are the one that is still erroneously linking Senility to age. Being Senile does not have to mean being of advanced age.

Er...
Yes, it does.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Alzhiemer's Syndrome is the one that can come at an early age.
It appears to be like senility, at first and sometimes, but it isn't the same.

Anyway, I don't think that things have to be so PC around here.
People shouldn't have to be totally afraid of what they say, do they.

And if anyone is getting 'senile' here, it's me and I'm not 60 yet.
And I'm not offended.

Paul might look at things differently, though.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Wait a minute. Earth Man absorbed Jeckie's powers last issue, right? He could be creating an illusion of Shady himself. Though what his motive could possibly be is beyond me.

I think this is the real Shady and that we are just looking at a characterization shakedown. From a creative viewpoint, a radical personality change (or featuring an aspect of a personality that we haven't seen before) is exciting, dynamic writing. The only thing missing is sex. No, wait, it's got sex. Perfect.

From a character point of view, I can totally see Shady playing out "the bad girl" role. Can you imagine how hopelessly boring it must be to be Mon-El's girlfriend? I can...and have...often. [Smile] But seriously, Shady has always been attracted to powerful men. It is exciting to be intimate with raw power. Mon-el's as powerful as ever. That hasn't changed. So I figure the excitement is gone or diminished. Earth-Man is powerful, and in terms of personality is the polar opposite of Lar. Of course, she'll be showering a lot to get the ick off of her.

[Kantuu]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I for one have lost all respect for the character of Shadow Lass, thanks to this issue and #6. I look forward to seeing how Levitz will redeem her in the readers' minds. (provided of course that everyone feels as I do, which I'm sure some don't ... just sayin'!) [Smile]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.