Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
Matt Kramer
Substitute Podcaster!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Kramer   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Kramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If anyone's interested in an audio interview with Mr. Levitz, we talked to him on the most recent episode (#70) of Legion of Substitute Podcasters! You can find the show at http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com.

--------------------
Check out the Legion of Substitute Podcasters!

http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com

From: Grafton, WI | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the interview, Matt (& other Subs).

A few nuggets from the one word questions (not verbatim):

Tyroc? I've gotta figure that out.

Rainbow Girl? I don' really know her well. She seems like fun.

Karate Kid? He's pretty dead.

Proty? I liked Proty. I don't have any immediate plans for him, but I liked Proty.

The Miracle Machine? I think once was enough.

Computo? Been there, done that.

Chemical King? I like Chemical King. I probably shouldn't have killed him. I was enough of a chemistry buff that I actually understood what his power was.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what about Dream Girl? I know Paul used to hate her when we "forced" him to write her as a Legion Leader when we voted her.

Kind of disappointed to hear that Karate Kid is still hated/disliked by Paul. [Frown]

Chemical King still can be brought back alive...if write smart.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This made me scream **OMG** at the monitor:

quote:
Completely fanboy nerdy question: Is Keith Giffen going to be drawing anything at some point?

I have one storyline listed that I gave [Editor] Brian [Cunningham] that Keith circled with "I WANNA DO THAT!" Keith is interested in doing something, I had a couple of delightful lunches with [classic Legion artist] James Sherman and he wants to come back and do something... There're so many guys, either old friends or new friends who've come into the business since I was active as a writer, that it'd be great to work with.

I'm a HUGE James Sherman fan. OMG. I am so totally stoked about this. I hope he inks his own and they get one of his old inkers to do him justice. Joe Rubinstein is my first pick and Bob McLeod is my second .... actually either or would work just fine!!

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Put me down as a fan of the Bierbaum/Sprouse picture/powers roll calls on the splash page.

I did like them too. Especially the way Moy made them a fun, unique feature on each opening page.

But too often they seemed like an arbitrary collection of characters that was too limited by how many head-shots they could fit on one page.

Like, characters who might've had a fairly sizeable role in some issues wouldn't get a head-shot at the beginning because too many other members had already taken the spots, while in other issues a character who might've just been sitting around in the background with no lines would get one. It was a bit too random for me.

This was used a while back in the JLA adventures way back when. I really love those too. You see that used off and on, here and there but I think it's cool to let the readers see who's featured in that issue. I didn't care for the way it was done in the last series where they would use 2 whole pages at times to show full body shots with others grayed out in the background. It was a waste of precious story telling pages. Just head shots are all that's needed. [Wink]

--------------------

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
what about Dream Girl? I know Paul used to hate her when we "forced" him to write her as a Legion Leader when we voted her.

Kind of disappointed to hear that Karate Kid is still hated/disliked by Paul. [Frown]

Paul said he was quite fond of the character also,when one of the podcasters said he liked Karate Kid.

They also asked what Keith's problem was with Karate Kid,and Paul said... Oh I don't know maybe he had a bad experience with a karate instructer as a child.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

quote:

Chemical King, Element Lad and White Witch, my favs besides Chameleon Boy. Oh well, I guess we wait and see what happens with everyone and how Paul drives this series..... should be fun!

--------------------

doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
The LSP interview was great! I stayed up after midnight listening to it. It's just amazing what a smart, funny, insightful and wide-ranging fellow Paul Levitz is. As much as I like Mark Waid and Geoff Johns, I betcha neither of them based a comic book on something like the Ottoman Empire succession process. I particularly like Levitz's insight on the whole "future perfect" question -- namely, that humanity will have to have achieved a golden age status to still be around 1,000 years from now. It's a great point, although I think the Waid/Kitson Legion posits a good alternative -- humanity turns into a species of sheeple, and survives 1,000 into the future by not doing anything interesting. But anyway, Levitz's thoughts make me hopeful that he does have a good story hook for the Earth Man/xenophobia thing.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Neat interview, I finally got around to listening to it. I kinda loathe podcasts, especially with four interviews laughing at various in-jokes among each other, but this had a lot of neat stuff!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
JAMES SHERMAN!!!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
James Sherman WOULD be awesome. Would love to have him as permanent Legion artist. Too bad his stint was so brief and so long ago.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
quote:

Paul said he was quite fond of the character also,when one of the podcasters said he liked Karate Kid.

They also asked what Keith's problem was with Karate Kid,and Paul said... Oh I don't know maybe he had a bad experience with a karate instructer as a child.

Now Keith Giffen's primary reason for taking over BOOSTER GOLD has been revealed--he couldn't resist a title which offered the inherent opportunity of killing Karate Kid an infinite number of times...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

The history of this new/old Legion is unclear. Chem could have retired with James Cullen, Laurel Gand, and Reflecto to open a Nine Planets Ice Cream franchise.
Levitz could bring him back if he gets the notion.

[Rainbow Girl]

[ March 05, 2010, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: KryptonKid ]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz is on FB now. Just lettin ya all know.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
James Sherman WOULD be awesome. Would love to have him as permanent Legion artist.

That doesn't seem likely, but perhaps illustrating a special issue, such as an Annual or something. That way he could take his sweet time and really knock it out of the park!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.