Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Oh...NOW I get it! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh...NOW I get it!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Matter-Eater Lad (eats anything)
+
Pepto-bismol (good for heartburn and upset stomach)
=
Bismoll (Tenzil's home planet)
(a pun on Pepto-bismol)

I'm so dense!

[Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Umm... no comment? [Good] [Wink] [Hug]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
tee hee and how long have you been a legion fan? Return your flight ring to the interplanetary beast on your way out Sirrrrrrrrrrr LOL

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was in the 9th grade, my math teacher told this joke. " A termite walks in to a bar and asks 'Is the bar tender here?' " (it works better as a verbal joke) It took one kid the whole school year to get it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I imagine that Bismol is in the Kaopectate star system

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmmm, cute play on words or have DC and Procter and Gamble been in cahoots all these years?
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh, even as a kid, I got that one, but it used to be DC tradition to go for the goofy names, like that Flash villain, Roy B. Giv, the Rainbow Raider.

I'm still disappointed that 'Koriandr's sister wasn't named something similarly spicy like 'Paprik'a.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Just wait until Jo Nah hits ya!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Koriandr's sister was named Silant'ro
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Just wait until Jo Nah hits ya!

Nah--I got that one! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

..and I thought I was slow 'cause I never figured out that thingy Ultra Boy has is a Dragon.

Thank you Tom and Mary!

edit: You know what? They may be a record worthy of The Guiness Book...40 years to get the joke.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Hmmmm, cute play on words or have DC and Procter and Gamble been in cahoots all these years?

Green Lantern and Guiding Light have the same initials. Coincidence? I think not!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
[LOL]

..and I thought I was slow 'cause I never figured out that thingy Ultra Boy has is a Dragon.

Thank you Tom and Mary!

edit: You know what? They may be a record worthy of The Guiness Book...40 years to get the joke.

Actually, more like 25 or so..I'm 37 and started reading LSH when I was around 10-12...

...meanies!

[Razz]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think YK meant himself Lardy [Big Grin]

This reminds me of mis-pronouncing words in comics for years on end and then saying them outloud to embarrass myself when meeting fellow fans.

I know I pronounce Eryk Davis Ester (in my head) as 'Urk' rather than 'Eric'. And I've always said GL Corps by prouncing the 'p' instead of GL Core, which was embarrassing when Kent recently corrected me when I last saw him (though he just smiled and was nice enough not to tease and make fun...well, at least not for that particular thing [Razz] ).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt, I mispronounce things wrong all the time. You learn all these words as a kid by reading but you don't hear them pronounced.

I always say corpse as well instead of core. doh!

My daughter is studying science yesterday...i still can't say anemone. I hate that word. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.