Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Speculation for LSH # 11 - potential spoliers (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Speculation for LSH # 11 - potential spoliers
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Spoiler warning!! If you haven't read LSH #10 then you may want to avoid this thread until you have. Events of the issue will be discussed in here as the basis for speculation on the next issue and I really really don't want to ruin the highlights of Issue #10 for you.

Ok, we have a pretty good scan of the cover for issue # 11 and even though we don't have an "official" relase of the image it WAS used as an ad on the last page of the current issue. This means I don't feel there should be any problwems with DC or the editorial staff if we take a look and try to pick the issue apart before we've even seen it (as always)
If anyone has a link to a solicit or an actual preview I would greatly appreciate it if they'd add it to the thread so we'd have a little more ammunition for rumormongering, speculation and the usual innuendo filled silliness:D

...but to be fair I'll add spoiler space first...

Click for fullsize image

Any guesses who that is holding Dream Girl? It's not Brainiac and I don't think it's Chameleon so who the heck could it be? A non-Legionnaire?

[ October 02, 2005, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone see a right arm?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I had the same thought initially and then I realized that the image is a reflection - that IS her right arm...and if you look very closely you can see her left shoulder but that's all.

Seems to me that puts to rest the theory that her arm was amputated though since that's ger right forearm and hand we see in the rubble of the HQ.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
I had the same thought initially and then I realized that the image is a reflection - that IS her right arm...and if you look very closely you can see her left shoulder but that's all.

Seems to me that puts to rest the theory that her arm was amputated though since that's ger right forearm and hand we see in the rubble of the HQ.

Oh thats horrible...poor Dream Girl [Frown]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry will be giving us the pencil/inks to the cover eventually. But, for spoiler purposes it might have to wait until the time or near the time of the issue coming out.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
On my computer the person holding Nura has green skin and blonde hair. Why do people think its not Brainiac 5?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
What Blacula said.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's Brainy. It's pretty clear to me. He's got green arms and a purple chest too if you look at the original closely. On the positive side, she appears remarkably intact if she was completely buried by rubble. He appears to be kneeling.

I'm also hopeful she's not dead. If she were dead or unconscious even her head would tend to flop back not forward, if Brainy were supporting her with his arm on her back.

I see Brainy taking care of her while he tosses her ring to Lyle who takes some of the kids to UP headquarters to try to save it. The kids will arrive in time to save delegate Ardeen or General Toling4rd who'll become their booster in the establishment.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Add me to the group that sees B5. I thought it was obvious it was him.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Well ok then. I'm still not that sure but you guys seem to be so that's good enough for me.
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe the solicitation text will help:

"On the eve of galactic destruction, with the dream of a United Planets dissolving into hopelessness, only an all-out brawl between the Legion and the agents of Terror Firma can halt the coming invasion —-provided a key player in the war finds within herself an unexpected power!"

It seems likely that much of the the action in issue #11 wiil take place on the Terror Firma homeworld, where Projectra's powers will out, allowing her team to rescue Brin and escape. Possibly, the rest of TF follow them to Earth for the "all-out brawl".

Likely also that the other away teams find a way to get off Dormir and Ttrxl and join Jeckie's team in the brawl with TF (see cover of issue #12).

Further speculation:

- Ttrxl and Dormir are convinced to cooperate with Earth to do whatever it is that's necessary to halt the coming invasion. But the Legion must buy the "three key worlds" enough time to put the plan into action.

- Brainy is forced to leave Dreamy to prevent Elysion from completely destroying United Planets HQ (his force-field is the only hope). Saturn Mom survives (and maybe Gen. Toling4rd, too) to become an important player in the "three key worlds" plan.

- With all this stuff going on, it's quite possible we will NOT learn for sure in issue #11 if Dreamy is to live or die. [Frown]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm. Forgot about Violet. Could she be the one to stop Elysion from destroying UP HQ?
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
- With all this stuff going on, it's quite possible we will NOT learn for sure in issue #11 if Dreamy is to live or die. [Frown]

I think you'll be proven completely correct TC. I bet they'll keep us hanging, making us squirm and come running back for more.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Could that be the *real* reason we saw no previews of #11?

Probably not. But Dan DiDio encouraged us to make stuff up, so that's what I'm going with.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Hmmm. Forgot about Violet. Could she be the one to stop Elysion from destroying UP HQ?

She's got to be somewhere. If the colapse of the Legion HQ didn't bring her out of hiding, nothing will. Why would she stay hidden so long? Is she just shy, or does she have a reason for not being seen?

I hope her appearence is worth the wait.

Just a guess, but I think we'll know if Dream Girl is alive or dead by the end of the issue, but we won't know the extent of her injuries.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.