Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Waid, Gibbons, & Geraci - Legion of Creators - Pulse Article on LoSH #4

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waid, Gibbons, & Geraci - Legion of Creators - Pulse Article on LoSH #4
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Jen has posted a new article on next week's issue with three more preview pages. Read it here.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I should warn you. The preview pages are of the backup by Gibbons and feature what may turn out to be a very interesting pairing of Legionnaires. One that is TOTALLY out of left field IMHO.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
... a very interesting pairing of Legionnaires. One that is TOTALLY out of left field IMHO.

The preview pages are pretty vague in terms of how close these two really are, but it's an interesting pairing. I wouldn't say it was "totally out of left field" though. We know so little about these guys, that anything we find out about them is new.

It also establishes an interesting twist on a character and how she relates to her homeworld the way Lu's origin was.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

True. I was actually looking at it from the point of view that I've seen a lot of old time fans take. In other words, pairing certain characters outside of what we've seen in the past is sacrilege and the new team wouldn't dare mess with it.

To me it was obvious that the male Legionnaire* involved was totally smitten.

*trying to keep this spoiler free. [Smile]

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
just read it. loved it! it was hot! [Smile]
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
ooooh, interesting. Interesting pairing, interesting take on the old version of the home wrold and very pretty art. I like the look of this little story.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I just posted the images here for those who cannot get into The Pulse.
LegionFan223
Wearer of the Crown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LegionFan223   Email LegionFan223         Edit/Delete Post     
I do hope that those two do NOT become an item!! I'm glad she isn't with who she use to be with either. He always deserved much better than her. She is one character I would like to see eliminated as she has irratated me for too many years now. As for the male, he better be with his old love as that was one of the best romances in comics IMO. The artwork was really beautiful and can't wait to see the rest of it.

--------------------
I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

From: Orando | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
eh. Those colors are way too bright. Isn't that the scene with Ultra Boy basically all over again? I thought we weren't gonna do that this time around.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
Isn't that the scene with Ultra Boy basically all over again? I thought we weren't gonna do that this time around.

Rehashing, no, but I think we can tolerate a bit of "resonance" here and there.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.