Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Update on Legion Relaunch...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update on Legion Relaunch...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I can confirm that Lash and I have not yet been offered the series.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well at least something has gone right this week. [Razz]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I can confirm that Lash and I have not yet been offered the series.

Oh?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
All I'm gonna say... and this is OFF the record... is that I hope you guys are ready for for that long-promised (or THREATENED) issue told from Shirley's point of veiw as she cleans each Legionnaires' room. Wait 'til you see the room Val & Andy share!! *tee hee!*

I can promise revelations and development galore, even though NONE of the Legionnaires will appear. I DO promise appearance by lots of Legionnaire laundry, though.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
Eryk,

It's been half an hour since the start of your thread. We're dying for an update on your situation. Has anyone at DC contacted you yet?

Please, please, please keep us informed!

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a rumour circulating that Lash & EDE have been talking to Crossgen.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hear Rob Liefeld was involved...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I was denied as penciller for the new series. They said they didn't want page after page of loosely sketched drawings of characters looking sexy, pouty and underclad. They kept saying things like "storytelling" "sequentials" and "anatomy." I just didn't understand.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"The re-launch is due sometime early to late this year, maybe next. The writer is someone new to the Legion, but has been around the Legion for years. The artist is a hot new up-and-coming overnight sensation that is well known to long-time comic book readers. There will be new costumes, old code-names, new characters, and we're going to try and do something with them that hasn't been done before."

Or something along those lines, I'm thinking.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
I was denied as penciller for the new series. They said they didn't want page after page of loosely sketched drawings of characters looking sexy, pouty and underclad. They kept saying things like "storytelling" "sequentials" and "anatomy." I just didn't understand.

DC don't know what they're missing!

-

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

So, when do you start at Image?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:

DC don't know what they're missing!

-

Dee-lish!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I also have it on good authority (though I have to insist my source remains anonymous) that they didn't ask MLash to rescue John Byrne's Doom Patrol from inevitable obscurity either.
Damn.
Now I'm hacked off!!

say-
Didn't DC option MEL:The Graphic Novel last week or has my agent been smoking too much California Hygro?
and
I've heard that Joe Rubinstein was interested in inking Sketch Lad's pencils for the series..or is it back to that Hygro thing again?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.