Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Ending?!? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LEGION Ending?!?
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
From Jen Contino at The Pulse.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect this is just so they can have a new Legion of Super-Heroes #1 for Waid.

I *hope* anyway - if the Legion is ever cancelled for real, they're screwed more than any other comic series. Given the at-most-tangential links to the DCU, anyone reviving the series after any sort of hiatus could do *anything* to it, from rebooting again to the 5YG-on-crack.

At least it looks like the final issue has an absolutely beautiful cover.

[ May 10, 2004, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if this is a marketing ploy to get the fans rabid for a new legion book, or if tptb are planning a new compendium type comic, called say Adventure Comics? [Smile] which will feature the Legion as one of many stories?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
5 YEAR GAP????? Oh I do hope so! Bring back Giffen, the nine panel grid and dark and moody futures for all.....

actually... maybe not eh? It was fairly brilliant at the time but can they just get on with it already now please.....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is the sad state of the industry these days.

Few titles stick around more than a few years, and constant relaunchings are deemed necessary to sustain interest in older characters. It's like trying to plug all the holes in the Titanic.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. Wonder how long we'll have to wait for the next relaunch.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: that cover -- looks like maybe someone's getting a reboot? (and a gender switch) Land does beautiful work, but it looks a little awkward to me how the main character's torso seems like a big yellow slab disconnected from the hands, face and faces of the other characters on either side of her.

btw, that's a pretty tight outfit if you can see her belly-button!

[ May 10, 2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I am simultaneously (i) disappointed/shocked/in premature mourning and (ii) secretly thrilled at the prospect of what may be in store for the Legion next, which I imagine/hope will be something old school fans would appreciate while at the same time moving boldly into the future...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
On any other day this thread would be about Lar's ass, wouldn't it?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Regarding the "big plans" for the Legion ... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they'll take over Morrison's original plans for the GLC -- they'll be troubleshooters throughout *Hypertime* -- which means we'll actually get a hypertime mishmash of Legionnaires striking throughout a myriad of dimensions Authority style (but without all the blood and fascism). As a bonus, the Time Trapper will end up being their "Jarvis", holding down the interdimensional fort. The book will be written by Morrison with art by Perez.

Well, that's a guess (not necessarily something I'd want to happen).

The only other "big" (i.e. capable of attracting new readers) plans I can imagine is that the Legion will become a lot more tied to the Superman family.

[ May 10, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm, okay...

Now, is the lady either singing or using her powers from her hand? Is it inferno in a new costume? Or, as one response eluded to, a new, female Element Lass(Lad)?

Cause i didn't recognize her. If that was Imra, she changed a lot. If it was Andromeda, i didn't recognize her, or Shazam...

Color me lost.

And i sincerely hope this is yet another reboot, cause if not, DC seems intent on chucking all its potential moneymakers into the garbage disposal.

The amount of books i buy is far down from what i used to buy. And i don't see any real new books coming out that would take the place of Legion.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Ummm, okay...

Now, is the lady either singing or using her powers from her hand? Is it inferno in a new costume? Or, as one response eluded to, a new, female Element Lass(Lad)?

From the article, it appears to be a new version of Black Canary (she's referred to as "Canary" and the other members of her team take on other 21st century hero names I think). I was thinking at first that it might be a rebooted Tyroc.
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
drake's idea is bold indeed... i have a feeling i wouldn't like that either, altho' i'd give it a shot like always...

but trying to think of 'big' things... hasn't jim lee indicated several times how much he would love to draw the legion? (not saying i would love that, but it sure would be a "big thing" and get the legion some attention).

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I wonder if this is a marketing ploy to get the fans rabid for a new legion book, or if tptb are planning a new compendium type comic, called say Adventure Comics? [Smile] which will feature the Legion as one of many stories?

Have you looked at what happens to anothology books these days? There's no easier way to get a book cancelled....

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Big plans, eh? Well, I'll play the conjecture game:

Maybe instead of a regular monthly we'll get a series of miniseries, or graphic novels.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That could be good and offer more scope for character focus and different types of stories. I wouldn't mind seeing Legion move to the Vertigo line with a more "mature reader" (hah!) approach.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.