Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The End of the Legion? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The End of the Legion?
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read this article from a post on the DC board. Some spoiler artwork is included:

http://www.comicon.com/pulse

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ya beat me to it, Jim... [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. That's all I can say about the last few paragraphs.

As for the spoiler artwork and Gail's comments...good stuff!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
Oy! Must they start with a new #1 every time a new creative team takes over?

Feh!

P.S. The Greg Land cover is super-keen, jelly bean!!!!

[ May 10, 2004, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Señor Widebottom ]

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Am I supposed to be shocked and angered or shocked and excited about what might come next?!? I'm confused, someone please do the thinking for me [Frown]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect this is just so they can have a new Legion of Super-Heroes #1 for Waid.

I *hope* anyway - if the Legion is ever cancelled for real, they're screwed more than any other comic series. Given the at-most-tangential links to the DCU, anyone reviving the series after any sort of hiatus could do *anything* to it, from rebooting again to the 5YG-on-crack.

At least it looks like the final issue has an absolutely beautiful cover.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:

Yeah, but you actually gave a link to the story itself.

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=002208

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Jen's been guilty of sensationalist reporting before. She hyped the Darkseid "appearance" during Dream Crime as "the real thing", which I felt ended up cheapening his actual use in Foundations. I don't have any worries about Legion continuing, "Chicken Little" reporting aside.

And my beautiful clown! I agree. Yet another #1. I hope having yet another relaunch is worth it.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:

Isn't Nowlan's the last issue, #38?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
quote:

Yeah, but you actually gave a link to the story itself.

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=002208

Yeah, THAT'S what slowed me down and gave 'im the edge! [Wink] I had to copy and paste the story URL! [LOL]
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:

Isn't Nowlan's the last issue, #38?
Maybe I got mixed up. I was under the impression that Nowlan's was 37, Land's was 38. Perhaps it was just that I saw the KN one first.

And don't you think it's getting odd that the first cover (the AH! one) is the only one we haven't seen yet? Is he stretching his deadlines or something?

[ May 10, 2004, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I have already murdered Steve Wacker and Dan Didio in cold blood and have come here to hide. [Mad]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
If I may be a "chicken little" voice...,

I think the series is done. We're assuming Waid/Kitson are relaunching LSH. Why? Because of a Simone "slip-up" in a previous interview? I keep asking, why hasn't DC announced their long-term plans for The Legion? Waid/Kitson taking over The Legion (or relaunching LSH, choose whatever phrasing you wish) is either the WORST kept secret in comicdom....

or we can take Wacker at his word, "this book is cancelled." None of Wacker's comments suggest a re-launch. You want to tell me that he's being a tease? The re-launch will be announced in San Diego or a bit later? Sure. Maybe. That a pretty $#!&*@ way to treat readers, in my opinion.

Simone's comments also don't directly suggest a re-launch: "I know DC has some huge Legion plans, and what I know about them is amazing. Ours ties in a bit with that, in ways that won't be completely obvious right away, but it's also just big crashing fun on its own." Well, if Waid/Kitson were re-launching LSH where Simone left off, that would be "tieing in" a little more than "a bit", don't you think?

I starting to think Waid/Kitson are re-launching L.E.G.I.O.N.

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
*hic*
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

beautiful clown!

You say this because it is true!
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.