Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » I'm dreaming of a Whitman LSH reprint 3-pack...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm dreaming of a Whitman LSH reprint 3-pack...
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
...well, I did, a few nights ago.

I was in a thrift store or something (go figure) and found one in its plastic-wrapped glory.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Another great idea brought to us by Teeds! If only we could make it real...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

It was real. I own a handful of the W. LSH reprints.

In fact, in my dream I was going to check to see if they were ones I already had. (Do you guys remember adjusting the sealed plastic bags to see the middle comic?) I'm always practical.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh, if only those things existed around here, where I live...

[ December 21, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Were there any of these 3-paks that has ALL Legion books? I seem to recall that they were all a mixed bag. You may get a Superboy and the Legion, but the other two books were as likely as not to be Witching Hour, or Young Romance.

About a year ago, there was a person on ebay who was selling original unopened paks. Had like 100 lots of more. I bid on a few, but did not get any. Like digests, they all went for way more than I am willing to pay.

The funny thing is, as I remember it, Whitman's were the bastard stepchilden of most legitimate collections. I had a few and could not unload them quick enough for the "real" versions.

I guess that is why they are considered such collectors items today.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Don't argue with my dreams.

Overstreet sez: collectors may prefer one label over the other, the Price Guide does not differentiate in the price. I'd not heard that there was a market (or interest, or whatever) for the Whitmans. Is there anything different about them other than the cover indica changes?

Ahh, three-packs. I'm having flashback to 1979 or so. Discount stores. The figure $1.19 sounds about right. I wasn't reading superhero comics at the time though.

I saw some packaged comics at the airport not too long ago. Don't get too excited though...they were Image (or similar), two for four bucks. Ewww!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
iirc, the era of LSH books you' find in those WHITMAN packs were from the 'Dr. Mayavale/Space Circus of DEATH!' era. Somewhere in that time-frame.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Mine are 245, 247, 251, 253.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
About a year before the issues I cited.

Hmmmm.....

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I had a few of the Legion Whitman but I think there were more Whitman Star Treks in my collection back then.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Leaves of Space-Grass?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.