Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
So, let's rebuild with the Legion as an essential part of Superman's youth. It's not a bad place to start.

A laudable sentiment. I'll be happy to comply when DC stops lying to fans about the "original Legion".

As for getting behind what DC is rebuilding, there's obviously more than one edifice to support. The new artist of the regular monthly Legion book is a member of this board, and the "big announcement" of the next writer is expected within two weeks. That means they're aggressively promoting not one but *two* official Legions -- the supposedly original team lacking a plausible history and the 3boot team with almost no documented history.

Then they throw in a third, rebooted reboot team into the pot and stir it all up into one sloppy mess that'll be on slow-cook until late 2008.

DC is yanking our chains for the zillionth time, this time using their in-house 'fixer-upper" Geoff Johns -- a writer without an ounce of credibility as a Legion creator. Let him diddle all he wants with Hal Jordan, Booster Gold and the JSA, but the Legion needs more than that.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The new artist of the regular monthly Legion book is a member of this board, and the "big announcement" of the next writer is expected within two weeks. That means they're aggressively promoting not one but *two* official Legions -- the supposedly original team lacking a plausible history and the 3boot team with almost no documented history.

Then they throw in a third, rebooted reboot team into the pot and stir it all up into one sloppy mess that'll be on slow-cook until late 2008.

It seems like a heck of a way to run a railroad to me, too, but I'm trying to focus on what we're going to get out of it. It might be really good! (Short-term and/or long-term.) Wouldn't be the first time an asinine editorial decision has resulted in good comics, or even good Legion comics.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
As long as Meltzer is of the titles... his stuff always confuses me, like his current JLA. I hate it when I have to read a chapter ten times and still am left wondering what is happening...
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
At least we don't have to worry about Janette Kahn this time around.
"It's too confusing" indeed.

..witch..

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A variant cover was just announced for Action #858, the first issue in the Legion arc. That makes two with the previously announced one for #859. Wanna bet they do it for the entire arc?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
And unfortunately they're saying the Frank cover, the one I would want, is the variant.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
And unfortunately they're saying the Frank cover, the one I would want, is the variant.

Frank is actually doing both covers for #858.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
So after reading five issues of Countdown in a row, most of them starring Karate Kid and Luornu, my question is...

Click Here For A SpoilerWhy is Karate Kid suddenly dying? Who told him so?

Was it off-panel, or was it just a new information to add to the mystery why Karate Kid is in the 20th century at all!?

As always in this very chaotic DC universe, I am just wondering if I have missed something - or if I am supposed to be confused...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Given the costumes and history of the other "Lightning Legionnaires", perhaps the real question should be:

Click Here For A SpoilerWhy is he alive?

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

You've nailed it Mario.
The mysterious shadow in the bright shiny time thingy and that thing with Projectra seem to point to him being one of those "time anomalies" they're going on about in the Countdown stuff.

Why is Val alive?

indeed

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Indeed. But my question was referring to that part of the story that we have actually been seeing - rather like, "have I missed something" or was it just some new info?
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:

Frank is actually doing both covers for #858.
Ah, that's good, I'd just glanced at the article. Glad he's doing the regular cover for #859 also.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Yeah. We've ALL missed something. KK is a mystery to us at this point. Might Nemisis Kid show up at some point so they can repeat the epic struggle that led to both their deaths?

..and Una..what happened to her second body? Do we know that yet?

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
..and Una..what happened to her second body? Do we know that yet?

We might as well assume that the Time Trapper killed her until we hear differently.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Wow. The Trapper. You may have hit on another mystery here. Where's he going to fit into all this?..or is he? We have some time traveling villians shown in The Lightning Saga and we haven't heard a thing about that creep. Perhaps we'll see the return of the Glorith the Time Trapper/Mordru the Galactic Conqueror alliance instead?

I'm also wondering what Una's personal story is going to have in the way of impact on the upcoming tale. Whether it was the Trapper or another one of Brainiac's wacky (read: murderous) creations might make some kind of pivotal plotting element. Whatever though, I'm fairly certain their stories are going to be crucial to this "Three Worlds" thingy.

You know, so far we've been speculating about the possibilities of the Three Legions but nobody's given much thought to which villians might belong in a big wide ranging LSH DCvers summer crossover story.

The Trapper took on the whole DC Universe not all that long ago. He definitely ought to be on the shortlist.

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.