Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
Hey Superboy did you get the private message I sent you.

No I didn't. It's weird because there was some flashing text saying I had a PM at the top of the screen but when I clicked on it and checked my PMs there was nothing there. Resend it and maybe it'll go through now.
Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I sent you a new message close to the 1st one.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I show nothing. I think something has been going on with the board lately. Hopefully it'll show up later. I'll definitely respond when I get it.
Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Getting back on theme.... the most irritating thing in Action 864 was Batman not recognising the corpse of KK after interrogating him during the Lightning Saga. Gimme a break.

Looking forward, does anyone know if L3W being published weekly or monthly?

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The issue was pretty much irritating to me because I couldn't get over how ridiculous Garth's hair looked. Gary Frank's designs were barely passable with him doing them and I'm afraid they're not looking good when anyone else does them (even Perez). It's starting to bug me that these designs are the "original" Legion.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
This issue bugged me because Garth acted like he was some loser who never grew out of High School. The entire "I don't like cops, especailly human cops" bit irked me to no end. Since when has Garth not liked any group of people, and since when was HE xenophobic? I mean, this is the guy who lost his arm to the Moby Dick of space and still didn't lose it (it turns out he was acting all obsessed because he made a promise, awwww) and the guy who quit being a hero because he wanted to raise his kids.

Garth's a lot more level headed and mature than this issue made him out to be. also, what was with unbelievable jerk Batman, I thought he was supposed to go away with Infinate Crisis.

Furthermore,I wish Superman had reacted more to seeing 'Una's" and KK's corpse. He didn't seem to care at all that his two old friends are dead.

Also, since when is "dead is dead" considering how the guy saying it a) was resurrected himself, b) was saying it to a resurrected guy and c) was talking about a person who came back (although we don't know how or why) once before. I hope that was an allusion to the fact that the Legion will try to save Val (and Una?) but I really don't think so.

Oh, and the butterfly effect that Batman was whining about, BOGUS, I'm sorry, but if you are going to reintroduce time travel with the Leigon and especially Superman to the Legion mythos you kind of need to chuck out the entire "time is fragile and time travel can have dire consequences" bit, it simply doesn't work (I mean, the Legion probably wiped out civilization a thousand times over judging by their earlier adventures). Also, there's this big bit in Booster Gold about not being able to change history, events will happen regardless, yet Batman is worrying about a butterfly, and apparently Brainy agrees (rolls eyes).

Now, the bits with the Time Trapper was AWESOME and I thought set up Legion of 3 Worlds really well, but all the other bits in between really rubbed me the wrong way and made me nervous about Legion of 3 Worlds for the first time. I just don't think Geoff brought his A game to this at all.

that and the art was really bad (and a tatoo, a freakin' tatoo, ugh, how unoriginal)

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of those comments register with me though I didn't react quite as strongly with the exception of Superman's reaction. I know he's been through a lot but the whole point of being Superman is he retains his "humanity." He doesn't go cold. These deaths should have affected him personally IMO.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Been offline for a few weeks and missed the fact that the first Action issue after the Legion run ALSO has Legion material in it... how vicious...

So do I have to stay with Action Comics, or was this just a self-contained oneshot I have to hunt down at the next comic convention?

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Johns and Frank give us a nice little follow up to their recent Legion storyline in the Superman: New Krypton Special. Clark is in the barn after his father's funeral alone with his memories. He opens a trunk and pulls out a baseball cap that says "Happy Father's Day" in interlac. In a flashback scene Jonathan says, "A baseball cap from the future. I bet I'm the only one in the conty with one of these."

[ October 24, 2008, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher jimgallagher has just turned 61
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Shouldn't it have read "Happy Parents' Day"? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.