Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 62)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Predictable, but who cares? I was grinning like an idiot through the whole issue! [Smile] Can't wait for next issue (Lightning Lad is supposed to be in it) and the upcoming Legion of 3 Worlds!!

LLL! (all of them!)

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm confused by the advert for Legion of 3 Worlds. While it looks great, how can this be a Final Crisis tie in when it has already happened in Superman and Star Boy/man's past?

What's going to happen afterwards? Can we really expect the current Legion to stay in the Legion mag when the Lightning Saga Legion are part of the DCU? But can we expect Jim Shooter to change Legion teams half way through his run because of what happens elsewhere?

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The tale does get props for not killing anyone.

That's a pretty amazing thing for a DC tale involving characters not actively in use, unlike the average Teen Titans or 52 slaughter-fest.

It didn't really appeal to me, but I bought the whole thing anyway, just because it was a Legion story. (First time I've bought Superman comics since Byrne's Man of Steel reboot!)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone mentioned XS in the two page add?
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
FWIW, I've started a panel-by-panel review of the issue, here.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
Dream Girl still hasn't show up in Action??

I loved her in Lightning Saga.

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Why didn't Storm Boy appear in this issue? Shirley he would've gotten up from his operating table to pitch in when the Subs attacked last issue. I feel like the Subs and captive Legionnaires got short shrift this issue too.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe it was talked about earlier (but I'm not rereading the entire thread again to find who said it first) but it would have been a quick wrap up and a nice nod to the Subs if they had gotten the now-blinded Color Kid to show up and change the sun's color to yellow again. I would have preferred that to Sun Boy breaking his link to the sun (amusing as that was). It would have added to the Subs' 'street cred' as well as being a great homage to the Adventure era (when CK changed the color of the Kryptonite cloud, so it would not affect the super-cousins).

All in all, 2008 is shaping up to be a great time to be a Legion fan!

--------------------
Craig C.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Why didn't Storm Boy appear in this issue? Shirley he would've gotten up from his operating table to pitch in when the Subs attacked last issue. I feel like the Subs and captive Legionnaires got short shrift this issue too.

Hey Jim, I just double checked the last issue (#862) and Storm Boy was there for the Subs vs Justice League battle. He was going toe to toe with Chlorophyll Kid until Polar Boy showed up and froze all his internal metal parts. I guess he hadn't thawed out yet. [Smile] As much as I liked the issue, it did seem a bit like the main battle scene (team vs team) was last issue, as only Earth-Man was still standing this issue.

--------------------
Craig C.

Omni Craig
Advisor

Since it's been spoiled that Garth will be in the 21st century next issue (#864), I wonder if they'll show him interacting with Starman at all? If you traveled 1000 years to visit a friend, wouldn't you look up your other bud who's just down the block? [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It was primarily Superman's show, which was apt since it *is* Action Comics featuring Supes, after all.

I was disappointed at no Element Lad, Dream Girl, Jeckie, etc. Maybe we'll see updates on them in the BATMAN AND THE LSH issue next month? Bats, Supes and Lightning Lad sitting around talking is how it was summarized, I think. Interesting.

The LSH at full(ish) strength was a nice spread. I really liked seeing Sun Boy back and in uniform. Been a long time. (Blond Dirk in the current boot is a character I like, but he doesn't evoke the feeling I got when I saw the classic uniformed Dirk with the right hair color in action.)

I appreciate how they've now positioned the LSH as inspiration for Clark Kent. Since the first Crisis, there's sort of been this double wave of sources for inspiration of heroism in the DCU. The JSA is one, and Superman's decades later ascent is the other.

Since the LSH is the group that inspired Superman, they are also now a very real, if secondary, inspiration for the Justice League and thus for the Teen Titans, Outsiders, Doom Patrol, etc.

They aren't just the kooky kids who time travel to the20th/21st century every now and then, anymore. In terms of relevance to the 'current' day DCU.

I wonder if that's what Superman will be telling Batman next month?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
It was great to finally see the "classic Legion" in action. But what I question is the "classic" part. Is THIS "THE" Legion we grew up with, or a slightly altered version? Is this the Legion that vanished after Zero Hour? Did that Legion actually vanish, and the Zero Hour stuff is yet to be retold or did the classic Legion "end" before that? More importantly, Superman mentioned Magic Wars...does this mean that Pol Krinn is dead and that is the point where this "classic Legion" stopped. With all of that said, I guess Val is already dead, Colossal Boy and Duplicate Boy have had their brawl over "Shrinking Violet (seeing that's how Gim ended up with Yera), Ayla and Salu had their affair and perhaps she ended up back with Brin?!? I'm so confused!!! (and I've been a LSH fan since 1980!!!).

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We don't yet know the point of departure, but there definitely is one. The original Crisis would be my guess.

We do know that Val died and one of Lu's bodies died and that both somehow were brought back to life, only to die again in COUNTDOWN.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Stupidly.

[Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MYG:
It was great to finally see the "classic Legion" in action. But what I question is the "classic" part. Is THIS "THE" Legion we grew up with, or a slightly altered version?

Oh, it's slightly altered. No Supergirl, for one thing. Very possibly no Tyroc or Chemical King. Johns has suggested that the point of departure was Crisis on Infinite Earths, but there are changes that reach back earlier than that. I think the *big* point of departure was a while before Crisis, where in original continuity the three founders retired and had to be retired by Tellus, Quislet and Magnetic Kid, but in this continuity I don't think that happened.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.