Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 61)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
August, apparently.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Nobody read the last installment yet?

There are absolutely no surprises here. Not one. Just a bunch of splash pages of Superman fighting Earth Man and Legionnaires flying around in ugly costumes, a few emotionally manipulative tug-at-your-heartstrings moments at the end, and the perceptible odor of overbaked nostalgia.

Curiously, neither hide nor hair of Element Lad throughout the whole arc. Not even a whisper about him. It can't bode well.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff's final issues are always the weakest of his arcs. No real unexpected turns except that hussy telling teenaged Clark to button up after she groped him in the time bubble.

So maybe I read too much into that page but I'm claiming my power of silver age revisionism. And since that page takes place in the revised silver age...

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely the least interesting issue of the series. Things pretty much get resolved as you'd think they would... no surprises. Mostly splash page type filler. Ho-florging-hum!

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with what everyone else has said so far - very little that you didn't expect, yet for all that I enjoyed it more than I should have. I know there should have been more to it, but I am just a sucker for shots of the Legion swooping triumphantly through the air. Also maybe Clark reconnecting with the Legion resonates more than it would have if it hadn't been for this story and Shooter's return to the main book to draw me back to the book after having shrugged off the current title quite a while ago.

There were so many things with this story that taken individually I didn't like, yet overall I really enjoyed it.

And really, how couldn't I enjoy an issue with a Dr. Zoidberg cameo?

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Who's Dr. Zoidberg.

I enjoyed the issue. Loved the scene of the Legionnaires making a line in the space-sand between the UP armada and Earth. I wish the Subs would've been included in the final battle when the whole Legion shows up to kick Earthman's ass though. I guess somebody had to guard the other JLAers. And I loved the silver age flashbacks. So, are they saying that the Legion gave Supes his first costume? Or did Clark already have it on under his clothes? Wait a minute--wasn't he wearing short sleeves?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the issue i liked even more the previews of what's coming up. ANd what i liked most of all...KEITH GRIFFEN WASNT INVOLVED IN IT AT ALL! [Mad]

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah it got solved a bit to neatly and cleanly, but I was smiling the whole damn time reading the issue.

Long Live the Legion, in any incarnation!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Does anyone realize that it takes about 7 minutes for light from the sun to reach Earth?

Yes, but luckily it takes seven minutes, five seconds for a human body to fall from orbit. [Wink]
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Does anyone realize that it takes about 7 minutes for light from the sun to reach Earth?

Yes, but luckily it takes seven minutes, five seconds for a human body to fall from orbit. [Wink]
From that sort of height, there wouldn't be a body left to land. It would be completely burnt up - by which I mean vapourised - by the time it would have hit.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Who's Dr. Zoidberg.

Lobster-faced scientist from "Futurama" animated tv show. He's shown sitting in the paddywagon while the SP is rounding up radicals.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, no surprises here, but it was still a solid issue. The biggest thrill for me was Saturn Girl saying "button up" at first as like WHAT?!? but then I saw the uniform underneath. I never liked Superboy in the 20th century (I always felt his stories were just Superman stories with different people) but I think he does represent a crucial part to the Legion and I like that Superboy can at least exist in the future.

Still some nice moments but nothing really spectacular, but that's ok, I've enjoyed this arc and have no regrest getting it.

My big regret is the fact that apparently they are using the Gary Frank costumes for the Legion of three worlds, they just don't work for me (Gim's look is ok but the rest, meh) so I wish Perez was able to really pick some different costumes.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
So the last issue was a little disappointed but I enjoyed this mini enormously non the less. Best part in my book....not one Legionnaire died in this mini! And it was still and enjoyable read!

:clap::clap::clap:

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
So the last issue was a little disappointed but I enjoyed this mini enormously non the less. Best part in my book....not one Legionnaire died in this mini!

Unless you count Subs... [Double-Header]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... pickiness knows no bounds... [Wink]

Serioulsy, this was the first time in a long time that I can remember where I really enjoyed a full story arc to such a great degree. So there were a lot of predictable moments. So what? It had some fist-pumping cool moments as well as some laugh out loud beats (I love the bit with Brainy, Gim and Yera).

With all that has been stupendously mediocre over the last several years concerning Legion, I will enthusiastically enjoy anything done with quality, thankyouverymuch.

And count me in as enthusiastically waiting for the August series.

From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.